Oconee

HuntinJake_23

Went down to my favorite spot on Lake Oconee with my brother, my girlfriend, and my mom and we had a blast. Fished from the bank from 3pm-7pm and ended the day with 37 Crappie and 1 catfish. They would come in waves and it got better as the sun set, used Crappie Minnows with slip bobbers and set the depth at around 18 inches. Most were males, Their tales were still in good shape so they are just now coming into fan the beds. Caught several females that had eggs, but they still had a good bit to develop. The three biggest females were 1lb 10oz, 1lb 8oz, and 1lb 6oz. Got them all cleaned up and after had around 6lbs of filets ready for the hot oil very soon.

Attachments

• IMG_4453.jpg
    IMG_4453.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 880
  • IMG_4459.jpg
    IMG_4459.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 887

AStrick

Slab Daddy!
You put a hurtin on 'm!
Fo Sho!
Congrats!

HuntinJake_23

Took my lady with me and went to our favorite spot on Oconee to bank fish for Crappie. It was a little slower today than the last time we went but we managed 16 good Crappie, 2 good catfish, and a blue Gil in 5 hours; even Mr. Green Britches said we were the first ones he had checked to have caught anything. I Filleted them up and vacuumed sealed them to add to the others we caught... fish fry is getting near!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4476.jpg
    IMG_4476.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_4473.jpg
    IMG_4473.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 381

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Nice haul, Joe would be proud except, for your brother's shirt..!:cheers::cheers: