Official 2013 Bream Fly Swap

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
....with rules and everything.

PLAYERS:
1. Injun Joe.............................Tree Frog
2. Paymaster .......................... Akorn Rubber Legged Dragon (it's smokin')
3 Biggin 13 ............................. Paper Wasp
4.GA Sportsman
5. Bigtimber.............................Yellow Foam Popper
6. laskerknight ........................Placebo Fly
7. BOSSOFTHEWOODS
8. msdavis289 ........................Lightning Bug
9. backwoods fisherman ......... Bead head rubber legged hares ear nymph
10. fishnguy ...........................Not So Royal Soft Hackle
11. gabreamfanatic ................Kiptail Jig

I am appropriating Paymaster's rules from the Winter Fly Swap (2012) if he has no objections. They all seem to work well for me.

Rules:

1. The swap is closed for entry.

2. All flies are to be to me by 5/20/12. I'll PM my address to you.

3.All flies are to be toe tagged(little slips of paper) with your user name and the name of the pattern if it has one. Tie one fly for each member of the swap.

4.Flies are to be mailed in a crush proof box( Altoid Tins are great for this). Each member should mail their flies in a padded mailer and include in the package another padded mailer with return address and proper postage for return shipment. I should not have to pay your postage.

5. If you are going to be delayed please inform the swap. We can usually put the deadline back a day or two. If you must drop out completely, PM me and I will make up your contribution to other members.

6. I will update this thread with names of members as they join and will edit the thread with "RECEIVED" when I get your package.

7. This swap is for FUN. Please do not turn it into a chore for yourself.

Today is May 6th, so I'm suggesting a due date of May 20th. That will give everyone two weeks to tie and send.
I am no photographer but I'll try to take pics and post as they come in.
Please remember to enclose your return mailer with correct postage to assure you get your return flies. If anybody has any questions or wants to make suggestions, please feel free.

Last edited:

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
Please let me know what you have decided to tie. I'll update as you let me know. Thanks for playing.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I will tie a Rubber Legged Dragon.

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
You won't get any argument from me on either of those two. I've KO'd the 'gills on both.

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
fishnguy will be tying the soon to be famous, "Not So Royal Soft Hackle".

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
BigTimber has finished his flies and they are in the mail. Pics to follow as soon as I receive them.

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
Due to some unforeseen circumstances by some of our tyers (tiers, tires?), I am thinking of moving our due date back to the 27th. Anybody object to that?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Due to some unforeseen circumstances by some of our tyers (tiers, tires?), I am thinking of moving our due date back to the 27th. Anybody object to that?

No objection from me.

Bigtimber

Ok by me...

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
Bigtimber has submitted his Yellow Poppers......
Proof is in.
Great job.

Attachments

• beach,flies 533 (600 x 402).jpg
    beach,flies 533 (600 x 402).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 609
  • beach,flies 535 (600 x 402).jpg
    beach,flies 535 (600 x 402).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 571
  • beach,flies 530 (600 x 402).jpg
    beach,flies 530 (600 x 402).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 611