Ohio Giant Poached?

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Ask a Bail Bondsman why you ought to never take a cell phone with you if you don't want the .GOV crowd or the alphabet boys up in your business
Already know, was an MP in the Army.

Unless you're a 2LT on the land navigation course.

Triangulation....
Screenshot_20230922_174536_Google.jpg

WOODIE13

We were all young and dumb once, myself included , I have yet to meet anyone who was perfect .
It's called integrity, but big antlers make good people do the craziest things...

Last edited:

basshappy

BANNED
Becoming very much like a smores roundtable on this topic. Remember, the guy has due process and nothing has been determined yet. Judging a book by its cover ... well, how any would read The Bible based on its cover? If you knew nothing about God and religion and saw the book cover, how many would opt to pick it up and read it? Maybe the same number who aren't judging the hunter already based on his appearance, how he spoke, etc. I mean what if that DA had an entitlement attitude toward that deer ... I am curious to see the result of the investigation. Now I am rooting for the hunter. LOL.

Reminds me of a time I went into Tiffany's in Phipps many years back. Jeans, sneakers, and a KISS tshirt. I couldn't get a worker to assist me, only the security detail kept close eye. Bothered me because I was there to buy an angagement ring. I left the store irritated and as I walked through the mall a guy approached me and introduced himself as VP of Tiffany's in town visiting the location. He asked about my experience. As I told him he bought me a hot chocolate from Starbuck's. Turns out he walked me back to Tiffany's, took me in back area, and had a worker bring me engagement rings. I had a stack of cash and I told him it was real dumb to judge someone based on how they appeared. He agreed (of course), knocked 2K off the ring, gave me his business card, and I left with the ring I went there to pick up. 2K richer. He was very professional and he spoke with the workers there, told them I was a special customer and to provide excellent service. Now a twist- as I left home that morning the first song on the radio to play was "Highway to ...." by ACDC, which ultimately proved true as we disengaged before our wedding. LOL

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
It's called integrity, but big antlers make good people do the craziest things...

I’m sorry I was not a saint in my younger days, it’s called being young and dumb , I’m sure you never made any mistakes , thanks for enlightening me

175rltw

BANNED
I’m sorry I was not a saint in my younger days, it’s called being young and dumb , I’m sure you never made any mistakes , thanks for enlightening me
That’s funny.i was sure enough no saint…

I was young and dumb- one time shot buck out of my bedroom window. During the season and everything. No firearms are to be discharged inside the house- but I got greedy and broke the rule.

That’s young and dumb and making a foolish mistake

Young dumb and criminal is different than just young and dumb.

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote

I was young and dumb- one time shot buck out of my bedroom window. During the season and everything. But boy was my mom ****ed off. No firearms are to be discharged inside the house- but I got greedy and broke the rule.

Young dumb and criminal is different than just young and dumb

I was young and dumb- one time shot buck out of my bedroom window. During the season and everything. But boy was my mom ****ed off. No firearms are to be discharged inside the house- but I got greedy and broke the rule.

Young dumb and criminal is different than just young and dumb.
That’s right , good thing you didn’t get caught, I’m sure discharging a firearm from the house trying to shoot a deer was a criminal offense back then as well, chalk it up to being young and dumb, I wouldn’t lose sleep over it looking back on it

175rltw

BANNED
That’s right , good thing you didn’t get caught, I’m sure discharging a firearm from the house trying to shoot a deer was a criminal offense back then as well, chalk it up to being young and dumb, I wouldn’t lose sleep over it looking back on it
Only deer I ever shot with a 30-30. I jumped up and ran threw the gun in the closet and sat back down at my
Desk looking at my homework…

You know just trying to play it cool- mom came through that door about 1/4 of a second after I got seated and lit into me for real. Hahaha

WOODIE13

Becoming very much like a smores roundtable on this topic. Remember, the guy has due process and nothing has been determined yet. Judging a book by its cover ... well, how any would read The Bible based on its cover? If you knew nothing about God and religion and saw the book cover, how many would opt to pick it up and read it? Maybe the same number who aren't judging the hunter already based on his appearance, how he spoke, etc. I mean what if that DA had an entitlement attitude toward that deer ... I am curious to see the result of the investigation. Now I am rooting for the hunter. LOL.

Reminds me of a time I went into Tiffany's in Phipps many years back. Jeans, sneakers, and a KISS tshirt. I couldn't get a worker to assist me, only the security detail kept close eye. Bothered me because I was there to buy an angagement ring. I left the store irritated and as I walked through the mall a guy approached me and introduced himself as VP of Tiffany's in town visiting the location. He asked about my experience. As I told him he bought me a hot chocolate from Starbuck's. Turns out he walked me back to Tiffany's, took me in back area, and had a worker bring me engagement rings. I had a stack of cash and I told him it was real dumb to judge someone based on how they appeared. He agreed (of course), knocked 2K off the ring, gave me his business card, and I left with the ring I went there to pick up. 2K richer. He was very professional and he spoke with the workers there, told them I was a special customer and to provide excellent service. Now a twist- as I left home that morning the first song on the radio to play was "Highway to ...." by ACDC, which ultimately proved true as we disengaged before our wedding. LOL
And I'm sure that he wasn't going to have to borrow another tree stand or xbow after he sold the rack for $30K...

He'll get his due process along with his friends.

Keep rooting for him, he's going to need it.

Jim Boyd

Geez Louise….

Entertaining read, sort of.

Most of the point has been missed by a wide margin, though.

Antlers don’t make people stupid - ego is what does that.

Big bass - ditto
Fishing tournament - ditto
Plastic trophy wife - ditto

The list is, obviously, endless.

Jim Boyd

If you start rifle hunting in August, them deers just don't know what hits them. Can almost wipe out a whole bachelor group in 1 sit. LOL

I am glad someone has that luxury but I can assure that in my part of SC and shooting one in August, the field gets empty muy pronto when the first one hits the ground.

Bucks and does.

WOODIE13

Geez Louise….

Entertaining read, sort of.

Most of the point has been missed by a wide margin, though.

Antlers don’t make people stupid - ego is what does that.

Big bass - ditto
Fishing tournament - ditto
Plastic trophy wife - ditto

The list is, obviously, endless.
But would he have done it for a basket 8? No and if he did, there wouldn't be him on a podcast or magazine articles.

Antlers, the means to an end.

Jim Boyd

But would he have done it for a basket 8? No and if he did, there wouldn't be him on a podcast or magazine articles.

Antlers, the means to an end.

No sir, I think you are making my point with even greater clarity.

You hit it perfectly, the ego behind a lesser buck is not as great as the ego (and you can read that as recognition, adoration, etc) that is gained by a monster buck.

People, like deer, are boringly predictable.

Now, part of this thread talked about integrity. That is what separates good and bad behavior, in most cases.

There are exceptions to that rule (rage, lust, etc) but generally - you either have integrity or you don’t.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
No sir, I think you are making my point with even greater clarity.

You hit it perfectly, the ego behind a lesser buck is not as great as the ego (and you can read that as recognition, adoration, etc) that is gained by a monster buck.

People, like deer, are boringly predictable.

Now, part of this thread talked about integrity. That is what separates good and bad behavior, in most cases.

There are exceptions to that rule (rage, lust, etc) but generally - you either have integrity or you don’t.
True, antlers might have been this guys heroin so to speak. A 100 dollar bill laying on a table in front of him might be completely safe but a 10 pointer in a neighbors field might be more temptation than he can take. Integrity sums it up.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Only clean spoons should be used for stirring in the Deer Hunting Forum especially when it is late in the season for most of us and deer are getting more difficult to find. LOL

Latest posts