OL SKOOL

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Was talking to some dog trainers, one had an issue with a client's dog getting on the table and in the trash when they were away...

I gave them my solution, aluminum foil over the table along with mouse traps, plus mouse traps on the trash can...got called old school...?

Guess it's time to put the dog on the couch and talk to them?

What are your thoughts? They refuse to put the dog in the kennel when gone or at night.

Hillbilly stalker

I've broke dogs from bad habits with mouse traps many a time. Usually they have other problems that have lead to those. No discipline or boundaries, you gave them the best solution....kennel the dog. If they want to nurture fluffy.....let em figure it out.:banginghe. Old school works.

WOODIE13

I've broke dogs from bad habits with mouse traps many a time. Usually they have other problems that have lead to those. No discipline or boundaries, you gave them the best solution....kennel the dog. If they want to nurture fluffy.....let em figure it out.:banginghe. Old school works.

Guaranteed all day long, but this new breed of handlers/trainers would rather suck up to a dog, could only imagine what their kids were like...if they had dogs or kids to begin with

WOODIE13

Won't say Im the best dog trainer, but did it for 15 years, saved a few dogs from getting the green weenie from the USMC and USAF, sent them to Ft Bragg, Center of the Universe...think I did alright.

This is Max, was straight explosive detection dog,
Me and him had a heart to heart issue when I pulled him off his handler and McKellers lodge at Bragg...I put the training to him, certified him in patrol, then went to support SOCOM on a couple missions

10391934_1090460320087_4852138_n.jpg

WOODIE13

Just loaded up my kitchen trash can, I was in the basement, Mongo found a trap...learning took place

treemanjohn

Banned
I have a male dog and he got into a habit of eating my daughter's pads from a closed trashcan. I ran a piece of 12.5 gauge wire connected to a Patriot 15 mile fence charger up through the bottom of the trashcan and stuck the bare wire straight up. About a week later we're eating dinner and we hear a yelp followed by a huge crash. He made a 18in hole in the drywall on the opposite side of the bathroom. Guess he tried to run through the wall. Never had a problem again

sportsman94

I’m a fan of making an area HOT for a dog if they aren’t supposed to do it. In the literal sense my girlfriend (now wife) had a roommate who’s dog would jump on the stove to get to food while you were cooking if you weren’t in the room. I put whatever we were cooking on the back of the stove and turned the front burners on high. Never had a problem with it again while I was there anyways.
Had a problem with our pup getting into the cat food when she was 6-8 months old. Put the e collar on her then went into the hallway to make myself as boring as possible. She eventually lost interest in me and went back to the cat food. Lit her up and never had issues again.

WOODIE13

See too much inducive training going on now, way too much.

I used positive reinforcement on young dogs or if a task was new to them, but once they knew it, toss in the compulsion, especially on a dog that wants to be dominant.