Old Realtree EZ hanger, new wide limb bow

ASH556

I still have and use my original Realtree EZ hanger I got back in ‘07. Still looks like new because I carry it in/out with me every trip. Well, I got a new bow (Mathews Vertix) and the limbs are way wider than my old one and they don’t fit in the rubbery hook piece anymore. The limb sits over on the aluminum arm some. Looks like they’ve changed the design now to a wider hook. I thought about sticking a piece of loop/soft Velcro over the arm where the limb extends to. Thoughts? Anyone else run into this?

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
You could some heat shrink tube or even a rubber hose.

Kris87

Yeah, just wrap it with some duct tape, velcro, foam, etc...no worries. I don't like sticking mine all the way on the rubber arm so it doesn't get caught on the hook at the top when I take it off. I sit mine back aways from it just like you're describing.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Heat shrink is a pretty good idea. Would probably last longer than electrical tape. Although we've all been known to wrap stuff with black tape :p

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Yeah, just wrap it with some duct tape, velcro, foam, etc...no worries. I don't like sticking mine all the way on the rubber arm so it doesn't get caught on the hook at the top when I take it off. I sit mine back aways from it just like you're describing.

I do the same, I almost always have my bow on the arm and not in the hook. Never happened, but an just see myself pulling up on the bow and grabbing the hook