NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't made this in awhile.

Smashed red taters sizzling in the oven:

tips2.jpg

Peppers, onions, and mushrooms sizzling in ol' Rooster:

tips1.jpg

Add in some deer meat marinated all day in Worcestershire, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic:

tips3.jpg

Stick it all on a plate:

tips4.jpg

My doog has die:

arlo5.jpg

specialk

Roll Arlo over, that side is done!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Im gonna attempt to recreate that sometime this week. It looks dang good!!
It is, and easy. Just don't overcook the meat.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You cooked that AND are smoking a butt today? Man, you gonna get meat poisoning from eating too much meat! :LOL:
I cooked that last night, not for breakfast this morning. :)

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Haven't made this in awhile.

Smashed red taters sizzling in the oven:

View attachment 1113235

Peppers, onions, and mushrooms sizzling in ol' Rooster:

View attachment 1113236

Add in some deer meat marinated all day in Worcestershire, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic:

View attachment 1113237

Stick it all on a plate:

View attachment 1113238

My doog has die:

View attachment 1113239

How do you cook the taters before you smash and put in the oven? Them things look amazing!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
How do you cook the taters before you smash and put in the oven? Them things look amazing!
They're really good. Boil them about 25 minutes or so in salted water until they're soft, but not mushy. Then, put them on an oiled baking sheet, smash them with a tater masher, drizzle with a good bit of melted butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, and dill. Cook them awhile on around 375 until the bottom is done, then hit them with broil a few minutes until they start to brown a little on top. Tasty.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
NEVER over cook meat.
Especially lean meat. :wink:
Deer meat either needs to be seared to medium rare, medium at the most, or cooked slow for hours until it's falling off the bone done. Anything between is rubber.

Big7

The Oracle
And... My x makes a version with dry ranch dressing mix. It's awesome.

My Mama makes her's roasted in butter with just salt. Since sea salt has become widely available, she uses that now.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
They're really good. Boil them about 25 minutes or so in salted water until they're soft, but not mushy. Then, put them on an oiled baking sheet, smash them with a tater masher, drizzle with a good bit of melted butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, and dill. Cook them awhile on around 375 until the bottom is done, then hit them with broil a few minutes until they start to brown a little on top. Tasty.

I figured it was either par boil or par bake. Definitely gonna try that!