One of the main reasons college ball is not as good as the NFL

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Tom W.

I quit watching Pro football maybe a decade or more ago. I like college football better. When the player from a college team signs with the pros that's it. I just watch college football.

I will say that Georgia and Auburn have good place kickers. Bama has been kinda hurting for a good kicker since that boy from Eufaula, Trodd was his name. I knew his father fairly well as we both did volunteer work at the nursing home...

I don't even know how many pro hockey teams there are in the NHL, and I used to watch them a lot.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Heck, over 6 million more people watched two crappy winless teams play on MNF than watched the #1 team in college almost get beat.

You know the most popular presidential candidate is usually the democrat. As long as I've been alive I have heard folks say "soccer is the most popular sport in the world." Sayin' sumpin has a better followin' isn't really a strong argument for it's value. I don't vote democrat. I hate soccer (even though all three my girls play it). And College football is a much better game than the pros.

F.A.R.R.

For any that say they don’t like college ball- try going to Sanford Stadium on a Saturday night for a big SEC match up with the Dawgs then come back to this thread.

Or decide it’s better to watch the NFL———————- get away with murder, and disrespect our country

SpotandStalk

For any that say they don’t like college ball- try going to Sanford Stadium on a Saturday night for a big SEC match up with the Dawgs then come back to this thread.

Or decide it’s better to watch the NFL———————- get away with murder, and disrespect our country

I've not been to a pro game since I was a kid. The college atmosphere is hard to beat.

Those same folks murdering and disrespecting our flag are the same ones you watch on Saturday night.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Those same folks murdering and disrespecting our flag are the same ones you watch on Saturday night.

In college they get booted off the team unless it’s Urban’s team.

In the NFL is welcomed.

Browning Slayer

stringmusic

You know the most popular presidential candidate is usually the democrat. As long as I've been alive I have heard folks say "soccer is the most popular sport in the world." Sayin' sumpin has a better followin' isn't really a strong argument for it's value. I don't vote democrat. I hate soccer (even though all three my girls play it). And College football is a much better game than the pros.
I wasn’t arguing that the popularity of the NFL made it better, I think it’s better because the players are better and 90% of the games are good, as opposed to college where about 20% of the games are worth watching.

Browning Slayer

SpotandStalk

It’s not where they came from it’s the way it’s ingnored and or tolerated in the NFL.

The NFL doesn’t operate with any class.

Name one multi billion $$ company (other than Chick Fil A) that does.

F.A.R.R.

Name one multi billion $$ company (other than Chick Fil A) that does.

There are a lot of big (and small) compaines that operate with ethics- and the ones that don’t - don’t make it right- but that’s going way off topic.

If you can get away with killing someone- then get into the NFL hall of fame something ain’t right

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I wasn’t arguing that the popularity of the NFL made it better, I think it’s better because the players are better and 90% of the games are good, as opposed to college where about 20% of the games are worth watching.

My bad dude. I misunderstood posts 25, 27, 43, 61, 73, 88, 122, 123, and 130. Seems you were saying popularity was evidence of value. Same argument can be made for soccer globally. I ain't buying it.

It's very simple for me........I have a much easier time rooting for the kids playing college football than the men playing in the pros. On any D1 college team they are all elite athletes giving 110%. They play harder, with more heart, and the games have a LOT more variables. Home field has a lot more sway in college sports than pro sports too. The quality of the play isn't as good, but I find it way more entertaining, not even close really. And, ultimately I tune in to be entertained.