Opinions on age...

leecrook

I look at this deer and am torn between a 2 year old and a 3 year old. Long term if I see with bow will be hard to turn down but just curious what others think about age.

PICT0018_202007190252UQW1Y.jpg

PICT0017_202007190252OlbNm.jpg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’m gonna day 3 , he’ll look like a different deer in a few months

lildorris00

I would lean towards 2.5 based on the deer around my area but different areas have different 2.5 and 3.5 bucks. My 2.5 bucks can be 110 8pt with 17' spread so thats why I say 2.5 and not 3.5.

Riggo44

I'd say 2.5 given that his gut/waist and neck still appear relatively thin. Good musculature. I'd give him at least another year. Thanks for the pics. Good luck.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I think he has some serious potential but will be hard to pass this year. I too think he gonna look a lot bigger in 4 or 5 months!

leecrook

Yes this is the SW portion of the state. If lucky enough to see during the season I will just to see how he looks in the moment and what time of year it is at that time.

Tight Lines

I'd guess he is 2.5 this season...so a little over 2 now...could be a 3.5 yo. I find I can tell better wit daytime pics than nighttime pics...

Jeetdawg

If you could exert some trigger control (along with some good luck of it not being shot by others, hit by car, etc) he could be a dandy in two years. My first thought was he was a 2 yr old based on the part of the state.