What's your earliest memory?

oldfella1962

Stompin an ant bed when I was 2. Left a lasting memory.
:ROFLMAO: Memories of Alabama for me! My daughter didn't stomp in a fire ant mound, but she stood/sat in one long enough to learn a valuable "life lesson".

specialk

:ROFLMAO: Memories of Alabama for me! My daughter didn't stomp in a fire ant mound, but she stood/sat in one long enough to learn a valuable "life lesson".
short story--my late father and i were standing in a cutover waiting for the dogs to circle the rabbit back to us, we were about 40-50 yds apart....as they got closer we stood perfectly still....i look over at him a minute or two later and he's jerking clothes off trying to get his briar coveralls off....i hollered to him and he said he step on an ant hill and been standing on it for at least 5 minutes didnt know it....they got up on over his boot before they started biting....learned a valuable lesson that day!!

Core Lokt

short story--my late father and i were standing in a cutover waiting for the dogs to circle the rabbit back to us, we were about 40-50 yds apart....as they got closer we stood perfectly still....i look over at him a minute or two later and he's jerking clothes off trying to get his briar coveralls off....i hollered to him and he said he step on an ant hill and been standing on it for at least 5 minutes didnt know it....they got up on over his boot before they started biting....learned a valuable lesson that day!!
I swear those fire ants get all over you and then hollar BITE and they do all at once.

ryork

I can remember a few things fairly well from around 3 yrs old. Can remember an image of my maternal grandfather picking pole beans in his garden. He was on a stool and had on his usual attire, Liberty overalls. My Mom says my first phrase was "PaPa in the Beans". I can also remember by paternal grandmother walking me to Croft St bridge (the wooden one that is still there in Carrollton if anyone is from that neck of the woods) to watch the trains pass under. And like someone else mentioned, now I can't remember what I did five minites ago or why I walked to the kitchen......

Core Lokt

I do remember my mom's mother, grandma Hart. I don't remember how old I was when she died but I was young. She was 3/4 Cherokee. I remember she smoked like an old train. She was from Immokalee Fl.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I can remember a few things pretty clearly from when I was 2, and a few more from when I was three. I accurately described to my mom a few years ago the layout and furnishings of the house we lived in when I was two and moved out of when I was barely three, some of the toys I had, where I kept them, and stuff like that. She verified all of it.
But, sometimes I forget what I did yesterday. :)

sinclair1

My dad was always videotaping us as kids with the big camera and reel to reel. It confuses if they were memories in my head from then or put in there at a later date after watching the footage.

bilgerat

Senior
I have a terrible memory, actually. But the first memories I have take me back to probably 4 or 5 years old, and they are extremely faint at that.
Same here , my childhood memories are almost all gone . The ones I do have are like an old photo in a scrap book . I do remember Kennedy getting shot. I was 5

oldfella1962

I remember some things my first day of Kindergarten. Around that same time we had an old car - possibly a green Hudson - with a hole in the floorboard and I was fascinated by seeing the streets & roads we were driving on through the hole. I remember I had an "Atom Ant" book (1960's TV cartoon character) when I was learning to read, and a "Bullwinkle" book.
Very vague memories (probably pre-Kindergarten) of going to a Catholic church on one occasion with my grandmother. Most likely she was babysitting me and dragging me around with her on her daily comings & goings.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I remember some things my first day of Kindergarten. Around that same time we had an old car - possibly a green Hudson - with a hole in the floorboard and I was fascinated by seeing the streets & roads we were driving on through the hole. I remember I had an "Atom Ant" book (1960's TV cartoon character) when I was learning to read, and a "Bullwinkle" book.
Very vague memories (probably pre-Kindergarten) of going to a Catholic church on one occasion with my grandmother. Most likely she was babysitting me and dragging me around with her on her daily comings & goings.
Our car had a hole in the floorboard too. I remember watching the road too. Mama's mistake was telling me to never put our foot in that hole. Yep, I did. :O

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I can remember a few things pretty clearly from when I was 2, and a few more from when I was three. I accurately described to my mom a few years ago the layout and furnishings of the house we lived in when I was two and moved out of when I was barely three, some of the toys I had, where I kept them, and stuff like that. She verified all of it.
But, sometimes I forget what I did yesterday. :)
Weird thing what you remember. I had a very hard time when my Mama went to Heaven. One night I dreamed she came in the door of my childhood house everything looked just like the old times. I went to hug her and she disappeared in my dream. Everything got better after that dream. It's like she was telling me to let go.

Hawken2222

I was born in 1971 and my sister was born in 1974. I can remember my dad putting me on his shoulders and walking me to a neighborhood park while my mom had a baby shower. I don’t remember the details or how long we stayed but i remember him putting me on his shoulders and walking there.
On a side note I can remember the first deer i ever saw as well. I was very young and I was walking with my dad pheasant hunting. I wasn’t old enough to hunt let alone carry a gun. Anyway walking through some uncut corn a doe boogered and my dad in one quick motion set his gun down picked me and lifted me up over the corn stalks and I saw my first deer a doe bounding off out of the corn and into a finger of timber. I could not tell the year or my age but i can still see the rear end of that doe running away.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I think I was 3 when my feet came off the pedals of my tricycle on a sloping driveway. The back wall of the garage stopped me. I think that memory is why I turned out like I did. :bounce:

Local Boy

I remember seeing my Grandpa in a hospital type bed at my Aunts house. I was about 2-1/2 when he passed. My sister was born 4 months later but I don’t remember that.

VTRman

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I think I was 3 when my feet came off the pedals of my tricycle on a sloping driveway. The back wall of the garage stopped me. I think that memory is why I turned out like I did. :bounce:
that was your first nekkid diving incident... or at least mostly nekkid

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Latest posts