Orbweavers and tractors

fishingtiger

You think those giant orb weaver spiders intentionally build their webs right at eye level when you are sitting on a tractor? I'm starting to think they really enjoy seeing a grown man scream and almost drive his tractor into a tree. I dang near hit a half dozen last week while bush hoggin

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I am equipped with a mug that will scare them out of the way as I approach.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Sooooooo.............I'm not the only one this happens to. Don't mind the spiders but the webs annoy me to no end in my face. At some point soon, maybe this weekend when I finish the bush hogging project I'm on now, I'm going to build a "cage" on the front on it to catch them at the front before they ever get to me.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
My golf cart has the roof supports that catch those. I added a fiberglass whip to the front of my atv for that.

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
My dad built a muffler protector that turned into a cage for our ole 6610 ford, now the spiders just drop from out of no where right in your lap, dads always liked that tractor, its not my favorite but its a good piece of equipment. Its got decent power for its size, but i miss the ole 3000 Ford with no power steering, that thing would run like a scalded dawg, actually passed cars pulling tobacco wagons with it one morning, granted they were sunday driving and i had a barn to get full

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I have joodie chopped myself after running through a web and that big Ol spider landed on my face. It was touch and go for a bit, but I survived.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
They all the time hitch hike a ride back to the house from the swamp on top of my hunting buggy or my hat. Then they try to take up residence here. They won`t bother you.

spider.jpg

CurLee

Didn't have nary a one on my place last year. This year there is one on every other fence post around my pasture!

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I have joodie chopped myself after running through a web and that big Ol spider landed on my face. It was touch and go for a bit, but I survived.

Betchu wuz squealing like a lil girl what just got a new pony the entire time too::ke:facepalm::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: