OSSABAW Island

rogers737

Any reports on how Ossabaw is this year from the early hunts. We are headed down in early November for the rifle hunt.

Very good success rate on the primitive weapons hunt. Just got home. Have fun! Take note, there is no paper or soap in the bathhouse so bring wet wipes, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper. You also have to pack out all your garbage so try and bring as little food packaging as you can.

Last edited:

rogers737

Very good success rate on the primitive weapons hunt. Just got home. Have fun! Take note, there is no paper or soap in the bathhouse so bring wet wipes, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper. You also have to pack out all your garbage so try and bring as little food packaging as you can.
Thanks for the info. Will certainly pack accordingly. Haven't been down there in a couple of years.

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
The archery hunt had great success with 51 hunters taking 48 deer and about that many hogs. The PW hunt was not bad with 30 deer taken and I think about 67 hunters. I would say about 25-30 hogs were taken.

dank1296

Always love seeing some pictures from the hunts and campground. Should get drawn next year. Anybody out there have anything for me.

dank1296

Depending on weather should be a great time id imagine its calmed down from last hunt and hogs should be out an about