Outdoor Dream Youth Hunt

blakejeffers

This year during the opener for the Youth deer Season I hosted 7 families from The Outdoor Dream Foundation on my Tattnall County Farm. If you are unfamiliar with The ODF, they are an organization that gets kids who have faced all sorts of physical challenges and illness and pairs them with hunting guides and people like myself and gets them in the outdoors. I have been blessed during my life and was really wanting to give back and in March decided to host and event and I must say it was a success. I prayed for a good safe hunt and the kids ended up killing 6 deer, a couple of misses and a case or two of buck fever where the hunter could not get a shot off. We were able to get all of the kids bucks either mounted or european mounted, each family got 25 pounds of processed meat and each kid went home with all sorts of hunting gear. Many people and sponsors played a huge role in making this event happen and we look forward to hosting events like this in the future. If you have the resources, I encourage you to get involved with The ODF or similar organizations, it truly is life-changing and rewarding.
Here is the video of the video and of a few hunts, it is worth the watch seeing the excitement on the kids faces.
-Blake

kmaxwell3

Very cool sir. People like yourself the ODF and sponsors make this world a better place. My youngest has Downsydrome and is going through Leukemia treatment. We went on hunt last weekend with "Hunting for a Cure." They do something very similar to the ODF. God bless you and your family!!

blakejeffers

Very cool sir. People like yourself the ODF and sponsors make this world a better place. My youngest has Downsydrome and is going through Leukemia treatment. We went on hunt last weekend with "Hunting for a Cure." They do something very similar to the ODF. God bless you and your family!!
That is Great, I've heard good things about "Hunting for a cure" as well. In fact, a few of the hunters we had in camp, left that afternoon to attend a "hunting for a cure" event in dublin.
As a parent to 2 small kids myself, I realized that when something affects one member of a family, it affects the whole family and that was evident during this hunt. We just wanted to make it a great weekend for the kids and their families.
Will be in prayer for your family!

kmaxwell3

That is Great, I've heard good things about "Hunting for a cure" as well. In fact, a few of the hunters we had in camp, left that afternoon to attend a "hunting for a cure" event in dublin.
As a parent to 2 small kids myself, I realized that when something affects one member of a family, it affects the whole family and that was evident during this hunt. We just wanted to make it a great weekend for the kids and their families.
Will be in prayer for your family!
That's where we hunted with them last weekend. They are all good people and go above and beyond for what they do for us. Yes it has a huge affect on everyone in the family. It was a major adjustment for our family. I recognize one of the kids in your video.. Thank you for the prayers!!

bany

Awesome deal Blake! Thanks for making that happen!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Excellent!!!
Thanks for doing this.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
What a great hunt and cause ! Awesome video