Your land story..

Triple C

Bought my 1st tract of land in Oglethorpe County in 2011. 214 acres. I was 55 at the time. Was able to put 50% down and finance 50% thru local farm credit. Nervous at first but since...never looked back.

Bought the adjoining tract of 73 acres in 2012, bringing total to 287.

Bought 56 acre tract in Oconee County in 2019 to build our retirement home.

Hope to add additional acreage in Oglethorpe. One of the most, if not the most rewarding decisions I've ever made was finding a way to buy land. So many memories over the years. Don't think I'll ever get bored when I retire as there is always something to do on the land.

I encourage any one to save early and save often if you desire to own your own tract of land. Never met anyone that regretted buying their land.

SlipperyHill Mo

Was 43 in 1997 when i found the ad in AJC for 100 acres in Talbot county. Went to see it and it was under contract. Gave them a contingency contract. First contract did not close so i borrowed down payment and bought it with help of Agsouth Farm Credit. Had to get a second mortgage from the seller. There a a small unfinished cabin on property.

Spent every weekend there since during hunting season and some off season weekend. I have gotten an immense amount of enjoyment from this property. Few improvement since 1997, built a 2 acre pond in 1999. Paid to have power run over a mile in 2017, best investment i ever made. 20 years of generators is a lot. Cleared 15 acres to add pastures and food plots in 2017.

Always dreamed of building my retirement home on property. Finally came to fruition in 2020. Moved in August 2021. Been living in my 2 story lakefront home since. Retired in January of 2021

Bought a 1940’s farmhouse on 4.5 acres in Forest Home, AL in 2021 near my Alabama lease. Include 60x40 pole barn and a shop. Bought on an online auction sight unseen.