Paging NCH to the service desk

Core Lokt

I have a friend in Tennessee he says they are moving into the area where he lives in droves from Florida. From what he told me some of them are okay northerners but most are the arrogant take over type. He hates all of them.
Born and raised Floridians are not a problem ( every state has homegrowns that need kill') . It's the people that move here and then away that are.

I personally think Florida should be separated to N and S on the Southern Alachua county line....

I bet I could get along with any of you as neighbors up there unless you didn't mind your business or be pushy.

Core Lokt

What about the arrogant Atlanta and the like folks. Do y'all get along with them. You know. city folks that have never been off of asphalt/concrete?

It's like saying everyone that works for company ABC is as bad as the worst employee when they are not.

sinclair1

What about the arrogant Atlanta and the like folks. Do y'all get along with them. You know. city folks that have never been off of asphalt/concrete?

It's like saying everyone that works for company ABC is as bad as the worst employee when they are not.
I change to my environment fairly well and had 3 properties where one was Affluent, one in Colorado and the other in Hancock county. Now I am n the swamp and have seen a few northern folks move in and put the house for sale in 6 months?

Our goal was to build on the 80 acres in CO, but that place was like Asheville 2.0. It’s Audi 5000, no way I would live with those folks.

I think the biggest thing is people don’t know how to pick a home. You can’t buy unrestricted rural and then complain about gun shots. You can’t move to a HOA fancy golf course subdivision in the burbs and bring the 76 camper and park it in the driveway.

The swamp is not social which I like. I know 4 neighbors and they are just a wave and maybe a talk a few times a year.
It’s a military town so we have people from all over around here. The growth of the EV plant does have the older swamp folks upset, and I hope it slows, but we moved hoping for 10 years of solitude knowing we would get run out just like when we moved to the hicktown of Woodstock. We got 15 years out of that town before it was too much. It’s basically Atlanta now. I imagine savannahs ways will creep into us here in 10 years or so. We are 30 miles away on the Midway/Richmond Hill line.
These skeeters have probably run off a few folks. It looks like this year will be brutal.

bullgator

Well dang, I’m sitting here looking at getaway cabins in north Georgia and North Carolina. Doesn’t sound like y’all are very welcoming.
I’ve had to put up with this invasion since my school years. That’s a long time ago for those that just got to the show. Maybe if y’all would elect some conservative politicians they’d keep on heading back north. Thanks Gov. DeSantis!

Core Lokt

I change to my environment fairly well and had 3 properties where one was Affluent, one in Colorado and the other in Hancock county. Now I am n the swamp and have seen a few northern folks move in and put the house for sale in 6 months?

Our goal was to build on the 80 acres in CO, but that place was like Asheville 2.0. It’s Audi 5000, no way I would live with those folks.

I think the biggest thing is people don’t know how to pick a home. You can’t buy unrestricted rural and then complain about gun shots. You can’t move to a HOA fancy golf course subdivision in the burbs and bring the 76 camper and park it in the driveway.

The swamp is not social which I like. I know 4 neighbors and they are just a wave and maybe a talk a few times a year.
It’s a military town so we have people from all over around here. The growth of the EV plant does have the older swamp folks upset, and I hope it slows, but we moved hoping for 10 years of solitude knowing we would get run out just like when we moved to the hicktown of Woodstock. We got 15 years out of that town before it was too much. It’s basically Atlanta now. I imagine savannahs ways will creep into us here in 10 years or so. We are 30 miles away on the Midway/Richmond Hill line.
These skeeters have probably run off a few folks. It looks like this year will be brutal.
I understand.

There are 8 houses on my road (2 miles) that dead ends into a 6,500 lake. Don't think lake like Sinclair. Only about 1K are outboard accessible. Rest is mud motor or airboat.

I drive 35 minutes to town to work. Don't mind one bit.

Everyone on our road knows each other and most you can call for help if needed except for an elderly couple that moved in about a year ago and you wouldn't think anyone lived there looking at the yard.

We are nestled in at 5k ac plantation. Shoot guns, hunt in the back yard walk outside in your drawers kind of spread out.

Everyone has their own wants but I would not have it any other way. I'll make the commute to work (and it's not bad to me) and be able to be out here that drive 5 minutes to work and be in town.

The community we live in was established in 1831. Lots of black folks here and white. We all get along. There are some drug attics but where are there not any?? Never had an issue and been here since 1989.

Skeeters are bad here too!

Last edited:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
What has he done?
Stole a trail camera and hung one of his own in spot it wasn’t supposed to be. Been caught on trail camera in places he’s not supposed to be. Then said he wanted to buy our place and my cousin’s place. Not long after he was refused a wild land fire mysteriously broke out in the middle of the night. That enough?

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Well dang, I’m sitting here looking at getaway cabins in north Georgia and North Carolina. Doesn’t sound like y’all are very welcoming.
I’ve had to put up with this invasion since my school years. That’s a long time ago for those that just got to the show. Maybe if y’all would elect some conservative politicians they’d keep on heading back north. Thanks Gov. DeSantis!
Are you kidding? The fool that just bought the land next to me has told me all about how conservative he is.

bullgator

Up until the CW, Georgia was Florida.
Are you kidding? The fool that just bought the land next to me has told me all about how conservative he is.

bullgator

The most grating sound in the world is, “We just moved here from Floorda and we just love it here! We’re interested in buying lots of land.”
Those are the halfbacks, not native Floridians. Like I said, we’ve had to deal with them for decades. It’s y’all’s turn to babysit.
Meanwhile, our politicians have dealt with the squatter issues and are doing their best to stop the Haitian influx. Hey, maybe we should bus some Haitians up to Georgia since y’all have those liberal Democrat senators they are attracted to.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Those are the halfbacks, not native Floridians. Like I said, we’ve had to deal with them for decades. It’s y’all’s turn to babysit.
Meanwhile, our politicians have dealt with the squatter issues and are doing their best to stop the Haitian influx. Hey, maybe we should bus some Haitians up to Georgia since y’all have those liberal Democrat senators they are attracted to.

Yeah I’m sure Florida will do just that. Sounds just like them.

Native Floridians? Big deal, Loucile.

And there ain’t no native Floridians much outside the panhandle and that’s being taken over as I type this. My new neighbor made a big deal out of letting me know he’s a native Floridian. All I know is he has been a major source of trouble since he showed up so regardless of what he calls himself or where he got his start he’s on the same pile with the rest of them.

It ain’t going away. They’re coming here more all the time and about the time they get the last load of their stuff moved up here they start saying they’re “from” Georgia. No they aren’t and they never will be. Folks my age (I’m forty six) are beginning to inherit family farms and they see it as absolutely nothing but a way to make some easy money. That’s all that land is to them. And apparently everybody in Florida has unlimited money so they can offer these clowns stupid amounts of money for it and they absolutely can’t bring themselves to pass it up. So my way of life will be erased by Florida people I’m sure. I don’t care that you’ve been dealing with it a long time. That doesn’t mean I want to share your misery.

And their attitude is the worst. Most entitled bunch of folks I ever did see. And when that guy tried to buy ours he was positively insulted when he was turned down. He stopped just short of saying, “Don’t you understand you need my money!”

Native Floridians.1711736653564.gif

Resica

Stole a trail camera and hung one of his own in spot it wasn’t supposed to be. Been caught on trail camera in places he’s not supposed to be. Then said he wanted to buy our place and my cousin’s place. Not long after he was refused a wild land fire mysteriously broke out in the middle of the night. That enough?
Good luck! Hate morons!

bullgator

It ain’t going away. They’re coming here more all the time and about the time they get the last load of their stuff moved up here they start saying they’re “from” Georgia. No they aren’t and they never will be. Folks my age (I’m forty six) are beginning to inherit family farms and they see it as absolutely nothing but a way to make some easy money. That’s all that land is to them. And apparently everybody in Florida has unlimited money so they can offer these clowns stupid amounts of money for it and they absolutely can’t bring themselves to pass it up. So my way of life will be erased by Florida people I’m sure. I don’t care that you’ve been dealing with it a long time. That doesn’t mean I want to share your misery.
That’s exactly how it happened in Florida. What were once farms of hundreds, or thousands, of acres of citrus trees has become nothing but roof tops. The number one crop in Florida now is transplanted Yankees with their attitudes and northern budgets. We’ve been there and done that, so you can cry all you want, it’s not going away. I seriously sympathize with you but you hit the nail on the head with the generational greed of those that inherited the land but don’t want to work it. The fact that the origin states like NY, NJ, California, and others seem to be pushing them out isn’t helping at all.

Buck70

Native just means that their parents moved to Florida before they were born. No southern culture instilled in them. They were raised by yankees and think that way. Many 3rd and further generational Floridians have had a hard time with these individuals.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
That’s exactly how it happened in Florida. What were once farms of hundreds, or thousands, of acres of citrus trees has become nothing but roof tops. The number one crop in Florida now is transplanted Yankees with their attitudes and northern budgets. We’ve been there and done that, so you can cry all you want, it’s not going away. I seriously sympathize with you but you hit the nail on the head with the generational greed of those that inherited the land but don’t want to work it. The fact that the origin states like NY, NJ, California, and others seem to be pushing them out isn’t helping at all.
Cry all I want huh? Buddy my family farm is still in the family and will stay that way as long as I’m alive. I’m good but that doesn’t mean I have to like the rest of it. Enjoy your retirement down there surrounded by em. Sounds like it’s well deserved.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Native just means that their parents moved to Florida before they were born. No southern culture instilled in them. They were raised by yankees and think that way. Many 3rd and further generational Floridians have had a hard time with these individuals.
Yep. I’ve never met one of those people that didn’t sound like they were Michigan or somewhere and that includes the ones that make a big showing of being “native”. They’re Yankees and don’t know it.