Panama City Charter Boat

groundhawg

Going to Panama City for a few days next weeks and would like to go deep sea fishing. Have rates adn times for ac ouple of the "party" boats but would like to go on one of the smaller charter boats.

Most offer rates and charters for 6 people or more. How can one man get a chance to hook-up with a group? Of course taking a big chance being on a small boat with several people you do not know but are there other/better options?

My son and I did this a couple of times while he was stationed in Alaska going halibut fishing. Maybe we were just lucky but we had a great time, made some new friends and caught lots of fish each time.

I welcome ideas and information as to where to go.

Thanks.

bradpatt03

go to captain anderson's marina a few hours before dark...most of the big name guides are coming in around that time...pick one out who looks like he's caught a good bit of fish and see when he's available...

we've found some really good guides this way...

robertyb

Go to the Treasure Ship across from Captain Andersons. You will see a charter boat called the Southern Hooker, Captain is Rick Cameron. Rick is a good guy and will do his best to put you on fish. I used to go out with him a lot but then I found the pier and never went back :)

marknga

GONetwork Member
Yep go down to the Captain Andersons Marina and look for the "Kelly Girl" or "Kelly Princess" and ask for Captain Mark Kelly. SUPER NICE guy, real laid back and knows where the fish are. I have been out with him several times and we loaded up each trip.
Wish I had the number, I have it at work and will post it tomorrow.
Good luck!

Mark

RP1969

Capt. Andersons is the place to go, check it out around 5pm and watch the boats come in. Look for the Best Bet fished on it for years in the past and was never dissapointed.

Mr.Mellons

Hook'em Up Charters out of Capt Andersons. Great guys and very willing to share info with you while your fishin with them.