Patience is the key with me.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I still haven't pulled the trigger on a deer. Killed three old hogs and hope to get rid of more. I've passed on three bucks so far that were nice, but cameras have shown there are larger hanging out in our woods. I may not see as many deer as some because I haven't put out corn. Instead I have been keying in on sign, such as rubs, scrapes and used trails. Tracks going one way merely means some deer passed. Fresh tracks going both ways means they are currently using the trail. Yep, passed on many small bucks, two nice eights and a high rack seven I had second thought about after he left. I just enjoy being out there, seeing game and mixing with friends. There's about four bucks I've had on camera for three to four years now, hope to see a couple of them. One is a huge piebald eight point. But what usually happens, bucks come in from adjacent properties that I've never gotten a photo of, and I take a couple of them. Like my widest rack couple years ago. Nobody had the old timer on camera ever, but I took him following a doe the last weekend. 24 inches wide and so old he had arthritis knees and teeth worn down to the gums. I'll add a photo of him. Old nine point.

Attachments

• Loading .jpeg
    Loading .jpeg
    394 KB · Views: 219

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Time is getting right where I hunt near Lucile Ga. Fact is, I've just pulled out my rattling horns to be ready when I see the right signs. Rattling like we see on video's doesn't work for me in SW Ga. I had rather rub and grind them together with a slight bit of tingling with the tines. My old rattling horns were shed near the paper mill back in the mid 1980, and have called in many nice bucks since. Like this old buck.

Attachments

• AL5 .jpg
    AL5 .jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 72

sghoghunter

Hopefully you’ll get one soon Son. It’s definitely been a weird rut to me. Here around the house the bucks usually get shot around the 8th - the 15th or so but I’m still getting pictures of bucks cruising in the daylight. At the club I’ve seen some small bucks bumping around but nothing with any size yet. I do have one buck that’s done broke both sides off and looks like a big button head and one decent bucks with one side broke off above the browtine

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yep, I'm seeing some small broken racks and some weird racks as well. Big bucks are doing what little cruising they do at night, laying up all day now. That's fixing to change in another week or two. Look at this old dude.

Attachments

• spearpond 22.jpg
    spearpond 22.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 44

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Have a few this good on cams at night. Only seen three about like this during day and let them walk. As the season shortens, they might be in trouble if I see them again.

Attachments

• cam looking north.jpg
    cam looking north.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 30

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Saw a good buck this morning chasing. Never got the chance to get him in the scope, but that's ok. Cams show couple other chases were going on this morning at a couple good places. This evening, a buck I'm after, waited until dark to come in to the scrape. Sure was windy today.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Had a great morning, saw 11 deer of which had three bucks. No shooters yet. But they're still coming in at dark.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I made the wrong move this afternoon. Came home to clean up the yard. Two shooter bucks visited the scrape in front of my blind before dark. One had just recently saved himself by breaking off a G2, must have done it last night. Saved from me that is.