Paul Menard ruined a good race

Lukikus2

I actually like the new racing better. Me and my brother was at the Atlanta spring race and Dale Sr. lapped all but 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place cars. No cautions except with about 20 to go and the King hit the wall. It was said if Dale Sr. could have run 10 more laps on fuel he would have lapped the field, now that was a boring race. Love to see them run door to door, bumper to bumper like they do now.

It's going to change from track to track. They figured out the back panel draft on the speedway now for two reasons. That's what Dale Sr did and they are letting them run again.

First time they showed no backstands in the race...Limited seating? Guess they don't like rednecks anymore :huh:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
LOL. Good one!

I'd rather see one real car every now and again than a bunch of generic spec Skittles parading around like it's 285.

This^^^. Back in the day, you knew by the number, color scheme, and car make who you were pulling for. Without an announcer today, it is almost impossible to keep up with who is doing what, and with exception of a few drivers you have to wait until they tell you, before you know who wrecked and who didn't. Make the cars look like what is in the showroom, let the builders innovate, instead of penalizing someone, because they show up with a different shaped gas can. Innovation used to be the heart of NASCAR, but they have outlawed it. God forbid one manufacture get an edge on another. I remember they day the winged cars showed up, and that was that was the beginning of the end of innovation.

specialk

I had never been to a road race but imagine there's no where to sit to see the entire track except maybe Daytona......and now charlotte.....I went to the "roval" last year for the inaugural race and actually liked it, prolly going back this year.....but you can see the whole track and race. I can't see going to a track like Sonoma or w. glen and sitting where I can only see 2 turns and a straightaway all day.....I do watch them on tv because they have become some of the best racing now....

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Paul Menard ruined a good race

Nascar ruined the Race and the Sport.. Paul Menard is a product of Nascar's screwup. Actaully, he's a screwup of his Daddy's but that is a different story.

Nascar Sucks.

specialk

I actually like the new racing better. Me and my brother was at the Atlanta spring race and Dale Sr. lapped all but 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place cars. No cautions except with about 20 to go and the King hit the wall. It was said if Dale Sr. could have run 10 more laps on fuel he would have lapped the field, now that was a boring race. Love to see them run door to door, bumper to bumper like they do now.

I was at the last race sr. ran at atl.…. 9 cars on the lead lap......caution fell and they restarted with 3-4 laps to checkers....sr. was the only to pit...got 4 tires....green fell and in 2 laps sr. was battling jerry nadeau for the lead....jerry held him off for hid very first win.....other than the last 4 laps it was a boring race.....sr. died in the next race at Daytona.....there were hundreds of races with just a hand full drivers on the lead lap back in the day....the racing today aint perfect but I like it....

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I had never been to a road race but imagine there's no where to sit to see the entire track except maybe Daytona......and now charlotte.....I went to the "roval" last year for the inaugural race and actually liked it, prolly going back this year.....but you can see the whole track and race. I can't see going to a track like Sonoma or w. glen and sitting where I can only see 2 turns and a straightaway all day.....I do watch them on tv because they have become some of the best racing now....

Road courses are a lot fun. Even NASCAR is fun on a road course.

I've been going to Road Atlanta since the mid 70's. There are several spots I like to hang out at. Turn 7, the end of the back straight, either side of the main bridge.
The cars get spread out after a few laps and then you have groups of two or three cars battling and a lot of good passes.

My favorite cars are the vintage cars that I saw racing back in the day and the vintage Trans Am racers that I was late to the party to see.

Those guys are car guys too. Mostly privateers just racing classic cars on the weekend. The crowd is full of cool cars and car folks too.

Browning Slayer

Road courses are a lot fun. Even NASCAR is fun on a road course.

I've been going to Road Atlanta since the mid 70's. There are several spots I like to hang out at. Turn 7, the end of the back straight, either side of the main bridge.
The cars get spread out after a few laps and then you have groups of two or three cars battling and a lot of good passes.

My favorite cars are the vintage cars that I saw racing back in the day and the vintage Trans Am racers that I was late to the party to see.

Those guys are car guys too. Mostly privateers just racing classic cars on the weekend. The crowd is full of cool cars and car folks too.

I do enjoy listening to the cars run around the track while I'm mowing the grass at the house or hanging outside in the garage. I live about 2 miles from the track (as a crow flies).

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I do enjoy listening to the cars run around the track while I'm mowing the grass at the house or hanging outside in the garage. I live about 2 miles from the track (as a crow flies).

If you promise to wear a shirt, leave your rebel flag at home and not yell Ricky Bobby quotes, we should go to the Walter Mitty races.

Browning Slayer

If you promise to wear a shirt, leave your rebel flag at home and not yell Ricky Bobby quotes, we should go to the Walter Mitty races.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I do live in Jackson county.. So I'm not sure about the flag one..:bounce:

When is it?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Sept 14, 1975 at Dover Del.

Petty blew an engine early, pitted and changed engines, only losing 8 laps. He battled back all day long, and took the lead with 9 laps to go, winning the race.

That old time NASCAR sure was boring stuff. <sarc>

Latest posts