Pay you Tuesday for a burger today-Wimpy

LTZ25

There are a lot of interesting factors involved in the way this generation is operating with no finical parachutes , I hate to see it happening .

Redbow

I don't see any difference with buy now pay later than putting what you want on plastic. The bill still comes due after a time with both. But some people have run their credit cards full of debt and can't use them anymore. Saw a Woman in Wal-Mart trying to use credit cards that were full, she had a dozen or so of them, finally she pulled out one that worked. But just more debt for her that will probably never be paid.

DAVE

No need to worry about your debt, borrow as much as your life style dictates. President Biden or some other Government power broker, will tax the few remaining responsible people of character and take that money to forgive the debts of millions of weak Americans and illegal immigrants completely devoid of dignity and character. Some debts will be forgiven completely without strings while others will be forgiven under the Public Service Employment scam. Recipients of this generosity will gleefully explain to you how they above all others deserve this welfare.

snookdoctor

They can just fly the Tijuana, throw away all their IDs, walk across the border, and be set for life. Muy bueno, muchacho

Redbow

No need to worry about your debt, borrow as much as your life style dictates. President Biden or some other Government power broker, will tax the few remaining responsible people of character and take that money to forgive the debts of millions of weak Americans and illegal immigrants completely devoid of dignity and character. Some debts will be forgiven completely without strings while others will be forgiven under the Public Service Employment scam. Recipients of this generosity will gleefully explain to you how they above all others deserve this welfare.
And I agree with what you saying but I love being debt free and we have been here for quite a long time now. If we can't pay cash for an item that we want then we don't need it.

sinclair1

And I agree with what you saying but I love being debt free and we have been here for quite a long time now. If we can't pay cash for an item that we want then we don't need it.
Preach it. It’s a huge accomplishment that people don’t like to hear about, but I know I sat on the sidelines while friends partied it up in my 20’s.
We put everything on one credit card and pay off each month.
I got laughed at for starting a goal thread, but it takes planning and lots
Of will power to hold off spending.

I really enjoy seeing some of the members here, that I know worked hard hit those retirement years in good shape.
I plan to pick their brains as my time comes near.

IMG_3362.jpeg

Redbow

No kidding, it’s great but with the price of home insurance, property taxes and car insurance, there’s always a bill in the box.
Those are bill's that we are required to pay to keep your property which none of us really own anyway. The county you live in actually owns your home and land. I don't have to have expensive cars, boats, etc and I never have. We bought cars and boats and trucks for many years but we bought the scaled down models that most folks wouldn't buy today or even back than. But we saved a lot of money to put away for retirement by buying what we needed to get by with not the higher priced items.

In the early 80's we found a salt water boat in Georgetown SC that we really wanted it was like a 23 foot boat all rigged and ready to go. The dealer quoted me 28k for the rig. I told him you keep it but good luck I hope you sell it but it won't be to us. That same boat today would probably be 150k just depending on what company made it. NO thanks.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
No clue why there is not a financial literacy class from Grade 6 on up to senior in high school as mandatory classes for graduation.

It's not a mistake. It's a feature. ;)