Pheasant Season is underway

spring

I hope to get over there for that before long...Love the tradition and pageantry. Reg grouse would be awesome as well.Their numbers improve this year?

Roebuck

“Fishal Spokesman” Useles Billy Club !
I hope to get over there for that before long...Love the tradition and pageantry. Reg grouse would be awesome as well.Their numbers improve this year?

Yes there is a lot of tradition associated with driven pheasant and grouse shooting from the very grand and expensive country estates to the small DIY syndicates like ours. If you do get over here let me know. As for Red Grouse I think their numbers have been good this year with most estates shooting a goog number of days.

spring

Pheasants are generally hunted after being released in England. Beaters drive them towards the hunters, often from higher ground, creating challenging shots for the hunters waiting for them.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That is awesome! Keep posting pics from your adventures, I really enjoy them.

Roebuck

“Fishal Spokesman” Useles Billy Club !
You've had pheasants over there forever. Many wild birds?

Yes we’ve had pheasants for many years, most people believe they were first introduced by the Romans. These days the “wild” birds will be those that survive their first season and go on to live as wild birds. Of the birds released only about 30-40% are actually shot, the remainder are either predated by foxes or hawks or survive and live wild.