POA/POI help

drdarby45

I bought a M2 20 GA before the season last year. Went to shoot it at paper and every shell was hitting high and left. It was far enough off I would be missing birds. Rather than trying to find out what was going on right before the season was about to open I just threw a red dot on it. When you shoulder the gun and line up the beads then look at where the red dot is, you would think there’s no way that red dot is on, but it is. I know some super black eagles had some issues shooting high but I’m not sure that’s what I have going on here. Any help or should I just let it ride? Couldn’t get a good picture to focus but think you can tell what I’m talking about in the pic. Thanks

Attachments

• F644B62F-C523-4765-A7CC-884E70D6809F.jpeg
    F644B62F-C523-4765-A7CC-884E70D6809F.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 32
  • FE0B2A12-F697-456B-B0C8-EBDF5E09A6E8.jpeg
    FE0B2A12-F697-456B-B0C8-EBDF5E09A6E8.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 32

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
You could move the fixed sights, bend the barrel or let it ride. I would let it ride just tell any other shooter to trust the dot and not the sights.

I have a very old .22 single shot and a prior owner bent the top of the front sight over to the right. Evidently he couldn't drift the sight in the dovetail. It looks weird but it shoots perfectly.

Buckman18

I just bought a brand new Winchester SXP and the sights are set nearly off the rib. It’s looks absolutely retarded but that’s what it took to sight it in. I’m not happy with it.

Gonna look into bending the barrel or adding a red dot.

Buford_Dawg

Frustrating, I had same issue with Benelli Super 90 12 guage, gunsmith fixed it, gosh, that was like 20 years ago or maybe more. I don't shoot it much anymore, gone to pretty much shooting 20 guages for all my shotgun hunts.

ol bob

Trust the red dot and forget it. You can change brand of shell and move your POI. TSS and Redots are the greatest things ever made for turkey hunting.

Sixes

Most Benellis that I have shot have hit a few inches high. My SBE 2 hit a tad high and even higher with 3.5s.

I found the choke that I liked and the shells that I like and put on a Holosun. The gun throws an incredible pattern and I have full trust in the Holosun.

deast1988

Comp n Choke has a process they true sights with call em, I believe it runs 2/300.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ve got a Winchester 1300 that’s my turkey gun and I believe I bent the barrel wacking a wounded turkey. I ended up going with a set of these , love them . 47553FFB-DCE7-47F3-B8B6-AAC6DBCA7730.jpeg

BASS1FUN

All my turkey guns have red dots except one. Both of my mossbergs shot low, I’ve owned a 870 Supermag & SP10 which also shot crazy my 870 express was the only one that didn’t need a scope regardless of what shot I used . My 10ga H&R doesn’t have a scope I took it off and use the base as rear sight and line the front bead up and its lights out