Poacher Caught In The Act

lonewolf247

I agree, the guy could have seen a deer on the ground and went to get it, now he is a victim of the legal system. I feel bad for the guy honestly.

So your saying, you think the deer just happen to die there and the guy innocently went to check on it, while the camera snapped a pic? :)

There is a live pic of the deer on a trail cam, four minutes later it's dead, with a guy walking towards it, then two minutes later he's dragging it off. Seems way more likely that he saw it, shot it, then went to retrieve it?

Besides, here is a pic of the guy on the guys lease/property.

I'm all for innocent till proven guilty, but if your guilty I'm for punishment.

If the guy has nowhere to hunt, he could hunt on public land like many folks do. He didn't have to go trespass and hunt this guys set up.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
All I'm saying is we don't know what happened and I feel bad for the guy, people are to quick to assume the worst, next thing you know the guys reputation is ruined.animals die all day everyday and night, I really doubt the guy shot it, just a coincidence with good timing.

T.P.

Banned
I agree, the guy could have seen a deer on the ground and went to get it, now he is a victim of the legal system. I feel bad for the guy honestly.

These guys just want someone to be guilty and pay. All because of a dang deer.

T.P.

Banned
All I'm saying is we don't know what happened and I feel bad for the guy, people are to quick to assume the worst, next thing you know the guys reputation is ruined.animals die all day everyday and night, I really doubt the guy shot it, just a coincidence with good timing.

Exactly. They act like he is with the Mafia.

lonewolf247

^I respect your point of view. Myself I just find it too coincidental that this could have happened any other way. He is guilty of trespassing provided the camera is actually taking a pic on this guys spot. So he is not only in the wrong place at the wrong time, but he is in the wrong place altogether.

I'm just not sure what more evidence would be needed for him to be guilty......seems like it's enough for me.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
There is a live pic of the deer on a trail cam, four minutes later it's dead, with a guy walking towards it, then two minutes later he's dragging it off. Seems way more likely that he saw it, shot it, then went to retrieve it?

Whoop there it is.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
The pictures are just circumstantial evidence, I really think what need to be done is have a picture of the guy holding a gun with the serial number visible and find the bullet in the deer and have forensics ran on it to make sure it matches that exact gun, and even then that doesn't prove the guy in the picture is the guy who pulls the trigger. It seems like black people are always accused of wrong doing.

lonewolf247

I think that if the guy would have had the judge and jury on a stakeout with him in the bushes while this was going on would have been far more compelling.

Drop all the charges and release him of all wrong doing at once!!:p

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Whatever became of this case? I bet the guy gets off scott free.

Bpruitt

The state will not obtain a conviction if the man doesn't admit it.The best they can hope for it to coerce a guilty plea out of the man.

Just to keep this ball in the air I stayed in contact with the probate office in Jasper and learned that the "Perp" Pled Guilty to Hunting Without Permission and was fined $350 on April 7, 2014. Seems to me that is probably less expensive than joining most clubs along with no work days to attend and no fine for not wearing orange, etc...!! I'd say he got off pretty light ! How does that compare with the penalty for other violations some have incurred for what would appear to be lesser violations !!!

By the way-Justus4all and I have already communicated about the wager !

He should have got his hunting license suspended for a few years.

This is systematic of a real problem with G&F enforcement in Georgia. It's cheaper to do the fine and pay the fine (ripping on Baretta). Hunting w/o permission, out of season, over the limit, and associated offenses, in most counties, it's cheaper to pay the fine than participate in a lease, or pay the other costs of legally hunting and fishing. But we certainly have no one to blame but ourselves, because there is certainly no groundswell to from hunters and fishers to increase the penalties for game violations. That's why we have a whole class of people who just don't care where, how, or when they hunt, because they know nothing substantive is going to happen to them.

Killdee

Lord have mercy

Black and white has no bearing, and he sure dont look like he's starving to death, nor hurting for hunting clothes????????