pocket knife ?

Hillbilly stalker

Don't know about Jawga, but in South Carolina, that's an illegal knife . Any "mechanically assisted opening" device makes it a no- no. I'd Check my state law before making a choice. I know they sale them at Wal- mart, but their still illegal here.FYI.

ryanh487

Don't know about Jawga, but in South Carolina, that's an illegal knife . Any "mechanically assisted opening" device makes it a no- no. I'd Check my state law before making a choice. I know they sale them at Wal- mart, but their still illegal here.FYI.
They're legal in Georgia, have been since 2012 I believe it was.

jigman29

In GA you can carry an auto opening knife if you have a carry permit and assisted opening are perfectly legal.
If you read about south Carolina they are actually legal there too. The wording of the law is weird so a lot of people get them taken or get tickets when they shouldn't. I work in South Caroline and have been researching it cause I carry an auto opening knife. From what I have found is it depends on the officer that is dealing with you at the time. But if you get a ticket you can usually beat it in court.
The law actually states that it's illegal to use it to commit or aid in the commission of a crime. It's legal to carry any kind of knife in South Carolina.

Hillbilly stalker

You need to check your local ordinances also. A lot of Municipalities have " City Ordinances " against them. The law may have been amended since I retired, but I don't remember one being thrown out or beat in court. I believe they were listed as Illegal weapons instead of illegal knives. FYI.

ryanh487

In GA you can carry an auto opening knife if you have a carry permit and assisted opening are perfectly legal.
If you read about south Carolina they are actually legal there too. The wording of the law is weird so a lot of people get them taken or get tickets when they shouldn't. I work in South Caroline and have been researching it cause I carry an auto opening knife. From what I have found is it depends on the officer that is dealing with you at the time. But if you get a ticket you can usually beat it in court.
The law actually states that it's illegal to use it to commit or aid in the commission of a crime. It's legal to carry any kind of knife in South Carolina.

You do not need a GWL to carry an auto knife in georgia. You can carry any knife with a blade under 5" without a permit.

ryanh487

You need to check your local ordinances also. A lot of Municipalities have " City Ordinances " against them. The law may have been amended since I retired, but I don't remember one being thrown out or beat in court. I believe they were listed as Illegal weapons instead of illegal knives. FYI.
Georgia law has a state preemption for weapons. Local government is not permitted to regulate them and any law they pass can and will be overturned by state courts if challenged.

jigman29

§16-23-460. Carrying concealed weapons; forfeiture of weapons.
(A) A person carrying a deadly weapon used for the infliction of personal injury concealed about his person is guilty of a misdemeanor, must forfeit to the county, or, if convicted in a municipal court, to the municipality, the concealed weapon, and must be fined not less than two hundred dollars nor more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned not less than thirty days nor more than ninety days.
(C) The provisions of this section also do not apply to rifles, shotguns, dirks, slingshots, metal knuckles, knives, or razors unless they are used with the intent to commit a crime or in furtherance of a crime. There is a specific prohibition for any knife with a blade over two inches long, as well as a general prohibition as to any other type of weapon.​

Hillbilly stalker

I'm very familiar with the state statue you copied. Check City of Columbia for starters. And FYI, it's an arrestable offense, not just a courtesy summons/ticket. Good luck.

Tentwing

Columbia River Knife and Tool ( CKRT ) Endorser . Get an American made model. You will pay more for it than the Chinese version, but much like me 8 years later you will be glad you spent the extra $$.

zedex

Gator Bait
I still have the old timer my grandfather bought for me when I was about 6 years old. I loved that man and cherished his gifts.

My every day carry is a tiny knife, the Cinder from Kershaw. Nothing fancy but a great little knife.

Old timer, like many others are Asian made now. With buck knives you have to inspect the package. Some have American flags on them or say "proudly made in the United states".. some don't. Avoid the latter as they are Chinese made.

Other great knives on the market made by a company called "Alaskan".. exceptional quality and great looking knives that hold an edge.i have their ulu and use it nearly daily. Had it almost 2 years and is razor sharp but I've never sharpened it. That's one knife I strongly recommend