New Case Sodbuster...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Ain't bought a new knife lately, and been craving a bone handled black steel Sodbuster for a long time.

I finally ran across one in stock where I could look it over. Wound up sticking it in my pocket, and swiping the card...

One of the things I enjoy about a new carbon steel knife is knocking the shine off with plain old yellow mustard, and seeing what you get.

This is after about an hour long mustard soak.

IMG_20231111_074141054.jpg

Might do it one more time, but it looks pretty good, I think ...

Little thing is shavin' sharp too, after a few licks on the Steamboat Sticks, and stropping on boot leather.

IMG_20231111_074348284.jpg

A nice little addition to the herd...

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Ain't bought a new knife lately, and been craving a bone handled black steel Sodbuster for a long time.

I finally ran across one in stock where I could look it over. Wound up sticking it in my pocket, and swiping the card...

One of the things I enjoy about a new carbon steel knife is knocking the shine off with plain old yellow mustard, and seeing what you get.

This is after about an hour long mustard soak.

View attachment 1268359

Might do it one more time, but it looks pretty good, I think ...

Little thing is shavin' sharp too, after a few licks on the Steamboat Sticks, and stropping on boot leather.

View attachment 1268361

A nice little addition to the herd...
You might better send it on to the poor farm for evaluation and field testing. Can’t tell about how it’ll stand up until it’s used for a few days. Nice looking knife.