Spyder Junky's EDC Knife/Knife Steel Thread...

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Oh yeah!

The scabbard has a removable belt clip so you can take it off your belt and leave the clip on without having to take off your belt.
AND The removable belt clip is an exact match for the ones on my zubat scabbards so I have extras...

View attachment 1285546

That looks like a great limb saw for deer season. :rockon:

menhadenman

Spyderco sprint run (limited production) Siren. Carbon fiber/S90V. A true super steel by any measure, exteme wear resistance/edge retention.
Linerless (3.3 oz.), the backlock will drop the blade open and shut with no wrist flick at all.
I like a blade long enough to cut my sandwich or my burger in half without getting ketchup in the pivot. :)
This one's gonna get a lot of run time... Gonna knock my CruCarta PM2 down a notch.

View attachment 1286007

View attachment 1286011

Went ahead and inaugurated it with some leftover meatballs...

View attachment 1286009
What’s that joker cost?

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I've seen some of these top end steels on knives from $1000-$1500.
If it'll work for those fellers, it'll work for me and my $200 rig.
I'm not gonna trade what I could spend a month in florida on for a knife.
It's getting close to time to go fishing and put a couple of these salt water models to use.

1eyefishing

Ok...
Back to a value knife... less than 1/2 the price of the last one but still a MONSTER.
Japanese made Spyderco Police 4 Lightweight in K390 full serated. Superlative wear resistance, but not very stainless at all, I will hold it off as long as practical, but expecting a good patina on this...
This steel can really take some abuse and for an interesting video of knife maker Shawn Houston (big brown bear) putting it through some mis treatment, youtube search 'Spyderco Police 4 K390 / M4 Killer'.
He stabs the K390 tip into a side slab of a cinder block and picks it up in the air stuck on the knife! He is a little exclamatory in his explanations and I can't post here...
Also look at 'big brown bear Police 4 *Bad(apple).

10" over all, 4 3/8"blade and 5 5/8" handle, this is the pocketknife version of a great white shark. Right out of the box , this thing is slicing waves through the edges of loose magazine pages like nothing i've ever seen.

20240129_204153.jpg

I can't wait to see the karens faint when I cut my hamburger in half at Brookwood Grill!
:rofl:
20240129_204644.jpg

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
My Tenacious arrives today! Finally! :banana: :banana: :banana:

1eyefishing

One a my favorite uses fer a knife...
Opening packages of knife stuff!

iMarkup_20240212_162503.jpg

Cubic boron Sharpmaker rods, meet rusty axe-head... axe-head, cubic boron...

20240212_161518.jpg

Norton 6micron diamond stropping paste makes shiny-sharp edges...

Screenshot_20240207_150141_Photos.jpg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
My miniscule collection of fine knives. Top to bottom:

Ricky Murphy Damascus steel drop point
Hank's Kinch
Raleigh Tabor caping knife
Gerber pre Fiskars Hunter lock blade drop point
Gerber el cheapo Gator
Case Canoe KYDawg sent me that is my usual EDC
Brand new Spyderco Tenacious that's going to be my EDC for a while.

Knives2.jpg

1eyefishing

Well, I was interested in some earth tone micarta scales for my Tenacious, but could only find these brown G-10 ones for fifty bucks...
Problem is... they came attached to this complete knife.
I was gonna swap the brown scales to the knife with the more premium steel, but I've got more than a couple other knives with earth tone scales, and this blue is growing on me because it will be sweet in the summer.

How I GON do, now? :huh:

20240213_143544.jpg

Hey @elfiii, now with only 24hrs with yer new Tenacious in hand, what are your INITIAL impressions of fit and finish, design functionality, and overall quality?
If you consider the $bargain$ you got (and forget the shipping time :ROFLMAO:), I'm pretty confident of your thoughts...