Spyder Junky's EDC Knife/Knife Steel Thread...

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Big ol hunk a S35VN.
Eight ounces to be exact...
Esee-4.
I always had an eye for Esee knives, but didn't want to take the chance on maintaining that 1095 carbon steel. I just knew I would use it and put it down for a week and come back to a rusted edge.
First model out with easy sharpening, tough, edge holding, way more stainless S35VN.
Handles are small for large hands... same scales as the Esee-3.
I've got longer extended handles coming for it that cover up that pommel on the end and use it as a lanyard hole.

20240118_131130.jpg

20240118_131318.jpg

20240118_131609.jpg

I'm gettin the urge to go camp a few nights on tha ridge again... sans mountain camper. Been a while.

menhadenman

Oh boy @1eyefishing , I received some dangerous marketing material from Hogue... check out their new blade.

Screenshot 2024-01-19 125322.png

1eyefishing

1eyefishing

Twins were delivered while I was gone for tha weekend...

20240121_150257_copy_842x1496.jpg

Tenacious Lightweights in S35VN combo edge...

20240121_142501_copy_927x1646.jpg

'Hypodermic'...

1eyefishing

I took a sack of knives to a little gathering this weekend and let the two 8 and 10 year old brothers there each have their pick of a small selection (with papa's approval of course).
VERY rewarding to see the joy it gave them. One of them must have flipped that flipper a couple hundred times in the next couple hours. They thanked me profusely over and over about a dozen times.
I'd do it again...
:bounce:

1eyefishing

Be warned... This is a solid company and I'm sure you will get your product but they have thirty day shipping and say so...

Screenshot_20240122_121330_Brave.jpg

1eyefishing

It's not a knife! ( today :bounce: )

20240126_105624.jpg

I don't carry a saw every day... Unless I am in the woods or on the trail.
I love my silky zubats obviously (2 decades as a working certified arborist will do that for ya), but on the trail they draw eyes because of the pistol grip. I never feel like dealing with questions from the hall monitor types or forest service men or DNR, so I'll carry a small folder (shown) or discreetly lash my zubat to my pack.
The big boy Has it cutting edge about an inch longer but folds up about three inches shorter. On the trail I don't need to draw the tool. One-handed at a moment's notice like I do on my hunt lease. So the bigger foldable saw makes sense.
This is gonna make processing some larger firewood (EDIT: camping firewood) a snap compared to the menial cutting I could do with the small folder...
If you've never draw, one of these Japanese-made professional quality saws through a piece of wood, you are missing out!

20240126_124622.jpg

iMarkup_20240126_135255.jpg

I have a belt scabbard ordered for I can carry it folded on my hip.
While I was typing this up the amazon man and a USPS box showed up...

BRB! :rofl:

Last edited:

1eyefishing

Oh yeah!

The scabbard has a removable belt clip so you can take it off your belt and leave the clip on without having to take off your belt.
AND The removable belt clip is an exact match for the ones on my zubat scabbards so I have extras...

20240126_135849.jpg

1eyefishing

Here’s a new big ole chunk of steel. I don’t know the why or what I’ll do with it, but I like it. View attachment 1285711

Whatever you want to? :bounce:

That thing is an absolute ROCK!
The blade stock/spine is a quarter inch thick.
Ya don't even hafta stick whoever ya throw it at... the blunt end will knock em OUT.
Ain't no way to destroy that thing but if you do, Esee will replace it.
The more you use it, the more uses you'll find for it.
One thing for sure, you prolly won't need a bigger knife!
Awesome!
:rockon:

1eyefishing

Spyderco sprint run (limited production) Siren. Carbon fiber/S90V. A true super steel by any measure, exteme wear resistance/edge retention.
Linerless (3.3 oz.), the backlock will drop the blade open and shut with no wrist flick at all.
I like a blade long enough to cut my sandwich or my burger in half without getting ketchup in the pivot. :)
This one's gonna get a lot of run time... Gonna knock my CruCarta PM2 down a notch.

20240127_133014.jpg

20240127_135348.jpg

Went ahead and inaugurated it with some leftover meatballs...

20240127_193333.jpg