More cuttin tools

godogs57

Been awfully busy with critterin’ lately but still knocking out blades this last month. Here’s a few just completed.

Here’s my Little Cutie model. Tiny little bugger. CPM154 stainless and stabilized burl maple. I have a number of these out west and a few around here.
IMG_1044.jpeg
I sincerely love working with file knives. This one I fell in love with instantly. Made from a vintage Nicholson file in an interesting pattern . This is only the second or third I’ve seen like this and it turned out gorgeous. The file pattern shows through the handle which always looks unique! The handle material is exhibition grade Gidgee wood from Australia. She’s homeless at this time…haven’t shown it to anyone.
IMG_0952.jpeg

IMG_0954.jpeg

Basic Hunter model with a one of a kind vintage Micarta handle. This emerald green color is unobtainable now. I have some of the last pieces of this vintage Micarta in my stash. It makes a gorgeous blade. CPM154 stainless again.
IMG_0956.jpeg

A Personal Hunter model in CPM154 stainless and Siam Rosewood handles. This wood is unreal in sunlight. Hard to find and on the expensive side. But Lord what a beautiful handle material.

IMG_0452.jpeg
Thanks for looking folks. I’ll post more later on.

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpeg
    IMG_0452.jpeg
    618.3 KB · Views: 21
Been awfully busy with critterin’ lately but still knocking out blades this last month. Here’s a few just completed.

Here’s my Little Cutie model. Tiny little bugger. CPM154 stainless and stabilized burl maple. I have a number of these out west and a few around here.
View attachment 1267821
I sincerely love working with file knives. This one I fell in love with instantly. Made from a vintage Nicholson file in an interesting pattern . This is only the second or third I’ve seen like this and it turned out gorgeous. The file pattern shows through the handle which always looks unique! The handle material is exhibition grade Gidgee wood from Australia. She’s homeless at this time…haven’t shown it to anyone.
View attachment 1267824

View attachment 1267825

Basic Hunter model with a one of a kind vintage Micarta handle. This emerald green color is unobtainable now. I have some of the last pieces of this vintage Micarta in my stash. It makes a gorgeous blade. CPM154 stainless again.
View attachment 1267826

A Personal Hunter model in CPM154 stainless and Siam Rosewood handles. This wood is unreal in sunlight. Hard to find and on the expensive side. But Lord what a beautiful handle material.

View attachment 1267827
Thanks for looking folks. I’ll post more later on.
All are excellent the first two are sumpn else

wvdawg

Staff member
Fantastic!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Duff

Beautiful, as always!

Is the rosewood hard to work ? Looks like it has grain going every direction.

Thanks for sharing!

Big7

The Oracle
Them things are beautiful..
But I knew they would be before I clicked on the thread. I just EXPECT it now. :bounce:

I'm kinda partial to the file knives as well. I see folks messing them up on YouTube all the time.
(the file heat treat I'm talking about)

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
It got gone quick. It was a pretty long file and I still have enough left over to make another blade. Considering my options right now.

I found two more of the old horse hoof rasps in my barn. If you`re home Monday afternoon I`ll holler at you first and swing by and give em to you.