Spyder Junky's EDC Knife/Knife Steel Thread...

Core Lokt

How many knives does one need? I have a few and they all have their purpose. Just sharpened my Case XX Trapper. Daily pocket knife.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
In the unlikely event that everyone here agrees on a number of “needed” knives, please refrain from sharing that number with my wife.

Just sayin’… :tip:

jim
Kool!
I've got four more really nice magnacut saltwater oriented folders in the pipeline. Three of them are not off the production line yet , and the first one should be here by the end of the month.
My wife said she noticed I was paying a lot of attention to my knives lately and watching a bunch of sharpening videos...
I told her I couldn't figure out which new guns I wanted and thought I'd get some knives instead. She crossed herself and left me in the man cave. :ROFLMAO:

1eyefishing

From another forum oriented around knives...

One dude's collection of a single model with various steels...
He needs allotta knives... :bounce:
I don't have that many knives of any and all models put together... Even including the ax and saws.

00-C8-F2-CD-F3-F7-47-AA-9-AAE-D6-B15-FD22-C2-D.jpg

6588549-E-F945-4856-A6-BE-78-AC68-CB8-BA3.jpg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Well, I was interested in some earth tone micarta scales for my Tenacious, but could only find these brown G-10 ones for fifty bucks...
Problem is... they came attached to this complete knife.
I was gonna swap the brown scales to the knife with the more premium steel, but I've got more than a couple other knives with earth tone scales, and this blue is growing on me because it will be sweet in the summer.

How I GON do, now? :huh:

View attachment 1288453

Hey @elfiii, now with only 24hrs with yer new Tenacious in hand, what are your INITIAL impressions of fit and finish, design functionality, and overall quality?
If you consider the $bargain$ you got (and forget the shipping time :ROFLMAO:), I'm pretty confident of your thoughts...

It's a great knife! I just reversed the belt clip so it fits in my left pocket, blade pivot down so when I pull it out of my pocket I can open the blade at the same time. It's sharp as the dickens too. It's officially my EDC knife for a good long while. I was getting antsy on the delivery but the discounted price made it worth the wait. :rockon:

1eyefishing

Not the droids I've been waiting for, but gifts for a couple of my Fla. fishing buddies...
I'm headed down there early next week and one of them is letting me stay at his place and the other one said I could use his boat all I wanted if he couldn't fish with me.

Spyderco Dragonfly 2 Lightweight Salts...
The blades and the hardware are highly corrosion resistant.
Love that swedge on the spine...
They are as sharp as anything i've ever taken out of box.

20240219_133353.jpg

Last edited:

1eyefishing

Sticky sharp for my EDC axe. (EDC in my truck bed)...
Being able to process a coal bucket of fat wood and still be able to pick up a small piece of firewood off the ground by sticking it in the end.
Across the grain.
In a knot.
1/2 bevel deep...

20240221_142617.jpg

20240217_143133.jpg

bullgator

We were in SMKW Saturday. I scored a Bradford 3.2 Magnacut with horizontal sheath from the wife for an early BD gift………:banana:

1eyefishing

We were in SMKW Saturday. I scored a Bradford 3.2 Magnacut with horizontal sheath from the wife for an early BD gift………:banana:
AWESOME!

They really messed some people up with their preorder system lately.
Canceling orders and refunding money and such.
Glad you avoided all that...
Was looking at that knife today on another website...
Still in pace mode and expecting some EDC magnacut to come in any day...

1eyefishing

When you get some time back at home , please post some photos and some initial thoughts!

1eyefishing

Dangit ed!

The new choil! ...the fat 3d micarta handle! ...magnacut! ...horizontal leather sheath! ...under $200!
I want one!

n08A8NO.jpg