Pointing lab

ghadarits

I would really do the research if you’re serious about finding a pointing Lab. I think most of them will be in the Midwest. They’re not a common thing and I’d stick with a yellow. I have a yellow that points decently but that’s just a bonus I wasn’t expecting it.

buckpasser

I had a hard core grouse hunting friend of mine describe a pointing lab as just looking “dumbfounded” when he goes on point. I think they’re cool.

ghadarits

I had a hard core grouse hunting friend of mine describe a pointing lab as just looking “dumbfounded” when he goes on point. I think they’re cool.
That sounds like my yellow. If you understand what the dogs point is you’re in business. She doesn’t point exactly like a conventional pointer but her point is consistent. Pointing labs seem to work ground slower than a true pointer also.

snagged

Pointing lab puppies are expensive. Speaking as someone who has spent a fair amount of time in the bird dog research "rabbit hole", you may find yourself happier and save money in the long run by saving up your money a little longer and buying a well-started or finished GSP or Setter from the Midwest. Due to the scarcity of public land wild birds, it's going to be a lot of time and money training up a dog from scratch to be proficient in upland here in the Southeast. Outback Kennels in Kansas always has a lot of started and finished upland dogs available. I have never dealt with them, but they seem to be reputable.

Latest posts