Ponderosa Trading Co. in the CSRA info.

Dub

Good post, Oh Killer of Bambi. Good luck with the pocket monster. I know it will be a reliable weapon.

You statements exactly mirror my two purchases with William and those of a few of my buddies, too.

It sure is a refreshing change having a spot like this in the CSRA....long overdue.

My only regret is not spending more time hanging out there...it seems that I was either coming home from work or rushing to get in / leave my deer stands. I need to make a stop sometime when there is some time to kill.

My next gun from him is gonna be a deer rifle for my son....I've just got to zero in on a model and caliber (.243 vs. 7mm08).

I was in there Thursday morning and he said he has powder n' primers coming soon.....sweet!

The shooting range will be a welcome addition. Save you a trip down Hwy23 to Yuchi's range (very restricted hours).

Thanks for the kind words. I can honestly say We have the lowest price on Glocks...................... PERIOD. I cannot print the prices or advertise them on my radio ads as it would violate Glocks minimum advertised pricing policy. If you want to find out you can see for yourself or give us a call. We now have powder!!!!!!! You won't find it cheaper and there are no hazmat fees here. Most brands are around $20 per pound. Have a safe and happy holiday season and come see us for the best prices in town with old fashioned customer service.

BowHunter89

Just wanted to say I visited ponderosa today and wanted to mirror what everyone else has said. The thing that caught my eye the most is the powder price, they significantly beat any where else in the area. If they hold at this price he will definitely have my business.

Ldgat

Dropped in today while my wife and I were out riding the Wing. Great people and fair prices. Good prices on powder.

UGAff

Ponderosa...

Anybody know when the firing lanes will be ready / are they ready now?

Also - What firearm brands to they carry? Sounds like they are willing to order whatever you want, but what do they stock?

Dub

Try giving them a call. I'm sure your qustions will be answeredl
Ì

cNe

only place around where I have been able to find kel tecs in store

great selection for a small shop...

cheap to expensive

tactical to practical

good pricing as well

syates4

Been in there twice, did not leave empty handed either time. Great prices, great to work with. Love used stuff, and love it even more when they offer up prices that you just can't walk away from.

ronmac13

Bump again for these guys. They hooked me up on a heck of a deal on an ar today. Great people to deal with!

Dub

Sweet looking scattergun, Ikillbambis.

I have a weakness for matte black guns!!!

No matter how much they wear, they just keep on looking better 'n better.

I thouroughly agree with you on Ponderosa. William and his folks there are great people to deal with and the only local place I ever go. It is the coolest gunshop the CSRA has ever had.

I wish him the best. He's a gustsy guy, too. The economy that he was faced with in opening a new business....a gun business....after two of the CSRA's established gunshops folded.......very gutsy. He had a vision, though. Made a place that isn't just a run of the mill strip shopping center locale, but actually built something out of block, wood, sweat. Built an inventory when other places were getting scared of carrying any inventory and thus had to order everything (personally, I've never mind waiting....if I know what I want). Ponderosa has something for you in there...or at least enough to make decisions on exactly what you want....this finish or that, this barrel length or that, etc.

Gutsy move that has paid off. Really nice spot.

I'm heading out there Saturday to look around. I've narrowed down what I want for my next gun.

CraigS1001

Glad to know they are now open. I will make it out there tomorrow for sure. Someone mentioned Sydneys....Now there is one place where retail plus 50% is the norm!

Dub

I'll never darken Sydney's door again.

Never.

That is all.....carry on.

Dub

Sweet looking scattergun, Ikillbambis.

I have a weakness for matte black guns!!!

No matter how much they wear, they just keep on looking better 'n better.

I thouroughly agree with you on Ponderosa. William and his folks there are great people to deal with and the only local place I ever go. It is the coolest gunshop the CSRA has ever had.

I wish him the best. He's a gustsy guy, too. The economy that he was faced with in opening a new business....a gun business....after two of the CSRA's established gunshops folded.......very gutsy. He had a vision, though. Made a place that isn't just a run of the mill strip shopping center locale, but actually built something out of block, wood, sweat. Built an inventory when other places were getting scared of carrying any inventory and thus had to order everything (personally, I've never mind waiting....if I know what I want). Ponderosa has something for you in there...or at least enough to make decisions on exactly what you want....this finish or that, this barrel length or that, etc.

Gutsy move that has paid off. Really nice spot.

I'm heading out there Saturday to look around. I've narrowed down what I want for my next gun.

UPDATE -FRIDAY: Well it's a day later and I'm a couple of dollars shorter. Ole William has done it again....he helped put a big ole grin on my ugly mug. He & his great folks there helped me add a quality piece to the collection today. :cheers:

They even broke out the Tactical Bacon which I understand is quite a tasty product. I had to decline, I fear, as I'm trying to shave off some poundage. Appreciated the offer, though.

Place is addictive. Gotta.....try.......to.......resist the urge..........nah....I'll go whenever I can afford the cover charge.:bounce:

UPDATE-SUNDAY

I was out at The Ponderosa on Friday afternoon....saw a beauty in there that I couldn't pass on. It was exactly what I wanted for a carry gun.

Anyway, while there I ordered an SA Range Officer. I asked for one with the SN# prefix "NM" denoting USA final assembly, fitting, etc. May not make a hill of beans difference but it's how I wanted it.

I'm convinced it's exactly the 1911 I've been wanting for my next one: no front cocking serrations, clean look, adj. sights, match grade barrel 'n bushing, slick trigger, single safety lever, forged carbon steel frame & slide, etc.

William said he was unsure the delivery dates as SA stuff can be slow/hard to get quickly. "No rush, no worries", I told him as I had plenty other projects to tinker with.

Ran some other errands while I was out and the wife and I go out for happy hour at our local spot.

I get home and check my voicemail and there is one from Mr. William, the owner of The Ponderosa. I could only laugh when I heard it. He said that within an hour or so of me leaving the store Friday afternoon, an overdue shipment from SA arrived. On it was a single RO.

I get there Saturday morning and he's got the RO stashed. I open up the box and sure enough, there is one heavily oiled RO with the "NM" prefix I'd asked for. Slide fit was very tight and the trigger was sublime.

I love the sights, too. They may be a bit more than you'd want for CCW but my needs were for target use. I love the serrations on them....no glare, fast aquisition. I'm thinking of having the SACS add a gold bead to the front serrate the back of the slide as well as checker the front strap.

It was meant to be, I suppose.

2011-05-08_10-02-50_167.jpg

2011-05-07_15-30-10_717.jpg

She's now locked away in my safe....waiting to be broken down and cleaned, relubed and taken out for some shooting.

We were joking while filling out the paperwork...where else in the world can you go and order a specific model with a specific SN# request and the gun arrive an hour later?????????:biggrin2:

Once again, the Ponderosa comes through bigtime.:cheers:

My son went with me Saturday and on the way home he was grumbling about there not being any good BBQ joints near there.....I started to take him to Sconyer's, but I want to disapoint him. Gotta get the boy some ribs today before he trys to up and whup me. :bounce:

Last edited:

CraigS1001

Went by there Saturday with my Son. While we didn't leave with a gun, we did however leave with some bacon...really! This shop is going to be "the" go to shop in the Augusta/Waynesboro/Sylvania general area. Nice people, racks, counters etc stocked full of about any type firearm you could possibly want. Looks like I have to go back out there and pick up some rifle the owners wife showed my son (12)...he thought it was cool, his birthday is coming up, whats another 500 eh?

-Craig

My next purchase is going to be a WASR 10 AK47 Variant, I know they don't carry them but I am confident they will order one for me! Cannot wait!