Pop ups/malware

billy336

cant use iphone for the forum, literally 6 seconds and I get sent to app store. seems fine on laptop. happening to me on other forums as well, only on my phone tho

Watcher

I put adblocker on mine. It did help. It is free. Might not work on anybody else but worked fine for me.

ranger374

I did clean up my computer and it did not stop it---agrivating!! I use firefox and Kaspersky. I just thought it was strange that this is the only site it happens on. I have never had a problem with it until now. Good to know I am not the only one it is happening to. Hopefully it will be fixed before long.

HKStoeger

Its happening on my laptop and Ipad. Iphone is useless, as it keeps trying to load.
This just started for me about two weeks ago.

chuckdog

Here's an example of what I just got.

Attachments

• popup.PNG
    popup.PNG
    772 KB · Views: 576

RBM

Ads I can understand. GON has bills to pay. But not malware attached to those ads. I have posted on this same thing a while back. Ads should be screened for that sort of thing and those who are advertising. Malware ads need to stop or it may cause a loss of members and viewers. Who wants malware on their PC?

chuckdog

Ads are fine, pop-ups I won't put up with. My example is a pop-up that blocks the image and must closed.

I don't click on any pop-up, I simply close the entire browser.

I'm sure GON nor their advertisers want this.

RBM

I got malware simply by an ad loading on the GON home page. I did not click on or open the ad. When the home page loaded, so did the ad and so did the malware. That means the ad had malware attached to it. Just by loading the GON home page. My anti-virus/malware program flagged it and stopped it.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Had to add malware cleanup and blocking software as computer was not performing. Now I know why.

BornToHuntAndFish

Yes, I get the fake redirect popup for Adobe Flash Player Update several times a week for the past few weeks on the GON Forum. It's very similar to the previous similar GON forum problem that was happening regularly this past summer. Today, it happened when I clicked to enter the Bowhunting forum section, but I always avoid the fake update by clicking on the browser back or previous web page (<--) icon function or simply close that browser tab. This only happens on the GON forum website & has NOT happened on other of the many websites I go to daily.

I'm using the Google Chrome web browser with no plug-ings & no extensions which does not use the Adobe Flash Player.

Hope they can solve & remove the GON forum malware.

BornToHuntAndFish

I have not had problems with fake updates since my last post & have not changed or installed anything new either. I will be more hopeful after a week of no problems.

Looks like "Adblock" works for forum members using both Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox browsers according to some good helpful info at the recent GON forum thread this month at the web link below:

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=822572

:bounce:

BornToHuntAndFish

Same Malware problem happened with my Google Chrome web browser tonight around 8:15pm when clicking on a thread in the Bowhunting forum section, so I made some screen captures I'll upload to help any GON forum folks find the root of the problem & remove it.

I have never heard of & have never used "Flash Player Pro" this Malware Fake Update mentions. I never downloaded & never installed the file update called "Installation.exe" so I closed the browser tab & did not experience any other problems.

Looks like it's finally time or past time for me to install "Adblock" like others did. I found "Adblock" & "Adblock Plus" for the Google Chrome web browser I use.

Malware Fake Update Website & File1a Doc.jpg

Fake Flash Player Install Filename1a.jpg

Fake Flash Player Web Page URL Name1b.jpg

:(

bigelow

Executive Chef at Billy's Bistro
On me a solution for iPhone I can't stay on for more than 10 seconds before being rerouted. Only gon why??????????????????????????????????????