Pop ups/malware

Dbd2dbd

I am a new member and it has taken me 10 times to get this forum to load before it didn't redirect me to an add or the App Store. Very frustrating...there has to be something somebody can do, because this is unusable. Using the iPhone.

merc123

Just got this on my iphone. First time I've bee on GON in a while on it. Only website that does it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 295

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Yea I've been getting all of those. It's getting to be a pain in the you know what. Now I can't even post pics. Tryed chrome and it works better but they still come up

Budda

How do I fix this on an iPhone folks

BornToHuntAndFish

On me a solution for iPhone I can't stay on for more than 10 seconds before being rerouted. Only gon why??????????????????????????????????????

Just got this on my iphone. First time I've bee on GON in a while on it. Only website that does it

Only happens on GON. I only experience it on my iPhone

Their IT department suck or what??

Yes, it ONLY happens on the GON Forum website. I go to dozens of other websites daily, but it has never happened on them.

Just had another different fake software malware popup while using Chrome web browser & AVG security on a Windows 7 PC. Earlier, it was only happening when I clicked on the Bowhunting forum section so I usually stay away from that section, but today it just happened when I clicked on the Sports forum section.

:eek:

:hair:

RBM

Yes, it ONLY happens on the GON Forum website. I go to dozens of other websites daily, but it has never happened on them.

Just had another different fake software malware popup while using Chrome web browser & AVG security on a Windows 7 PC. Earlier, it was only happening when I clicked on the Bowhunting forum section so I usually stay away from that section, but today it just happened when I clicked on the Sports forum section.

:eek:

:hair:

Just had the same thing in the Outdoor Facts, History, and Oddities of Nature forum or section. Wanted to perform an update. Hit the back button and closed it out.

ByrdDog76

And here we go again. Every time I tried to get on this morning an app would pop up and redirect me to the App Store for some game.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I was hoping one of the IT guru's would respond but that hasn't happened.
For me, I'm running Mozilla Firefox as my browser. I have the free version of Avast and also run Adblock Plus. This combination has worked very well for months now at stopping the pop-ups/malware.
I also run Adblock Plus on my Samsung Note 2 with Google Chrome as the browser. I have been running it or 3 days and SO FAR.... it has worked.
According to Elfiii, the Adblock for I-phones works too.
It ain't much guys, but it's the best advice i can give you right now.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
How do I fix this on an iPhone folks

Adblock for iphone. I think it costs $2.50.

Put Adblock on everything you use to surf the web. See better days, do better surfing.

Luke0927

And here we go again. Every time I tried to get on this morning an app would pop up and redirect me to the App Store for some game.

Same here and I've run the free version of adblock and it didn't help i think since its launching the app store not another webpage. I don't have trouble on the PC but iphone all the app redirects makes it a pain.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Same here and I've run the free version of adblock and it didn't help i think since its launching the app store not another webpage. I don't have trouble on the PC but iphone all the app redirects makes it a pain.

Pay the $2.50 for the iphone adblock app. Trust me on this.;)

BornToHuntAndFish

Web Browser add-ons like AdBlock will slow your system down a bit no matter what device we're using.

Fortunately, I have not experienced this malware fake s/w updates & web link redirects problem lately, but among all the other dozens of websites & forums I visit daily, this is the only forum & website I have experienced it on. I was even experiencing the same issues last summer 2014 for a few months, unfortunately. Security & protection can be an ongoing challenge for any website.

OK, help out a totally non-tech savvy guy. When I go to App Store and search for Adblock, there is like 1,000 choices. Which one should I get????

klwehunt

Having trouble just on the for sale and trade forum,after going to a page or two of items the page freezes up and says GON not responding.Anyone else having this problem.I can switch and go to another forum like campfire or political forum and its fine.On computer not cell.