Port St Joe bay

CDBrown0900

Headed to PSJ in a couple weeks. Hoping to rent a kayak for the week. Just wondering if anyone has any reports from the bay. Thanks in advance!!!

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
For kayaking I would recommend the east end of the bay between Black's Island and Pig Bayou.

CDBrown0900

Thanks for the reply. That's what I was thinking. Can you launch off the side of the highway or is that frowned upon?

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Pig bayou is on the Western side of the bay.
Blacks island is more to the eastern side.
There is a good little launch area In the Southwestern tip of the bay (lighthouse bayou) across the highway from the stumphole.
There's Salinas Park in the southeastern corner but I'm not familiar with how easy it would be to launch. Should be doable...
There are also a couple of decent accesses off the highway on the east side where little feeder creeks go under the road...
And you've got the state park on the north end of the peninsula...
The whole south end of the bay fishes well with tons of grass flats interlaced with finger channels running through.

CDBrown0900

10-4 thanks for the input. Planning on scouting it out on the way to the condo. Then fishing the mornings before the family gets up and ready to go the beach. Wonder if any pompano are still being caught from the beach?

trial&error

Watch where you park, the sand is very soft. 4WD with street tires often struggle. You can launch from salinas park boardwalk. there's stairs at the end, slippery stairs.