Post storm scouting

chrislibby88

Just a reminder, after storms is a great time to scout for loaded oaks- no binos needed- the winds are gonna have a lot of acorns on the ground. Same applies for persimmons. Good luck out there.

I’m gonna try and get out here in middle GA this week if I can. All I can do is day dream about the mountains until the early hunts open next month.

Last edited:
Just a reminder, after storms is a great time to scout for loaded oaks- no binos needed- the winds are gonna have a lot of acorns on the ground. Same applies for persimmons. Good luck out there.

I’m gonna try and get out here in middle GA this week if I can. All I can do is day dream about the mountains until the early hunts open next month.
Bears have been lapping white oaks for close to a month already. They didn’t hit everywhere but where they did hit they are thick. Plenty of mountain oak, some red oak. Of course there are always chestnut oaks but they are a last resort.

They are in black gums too. Haven’t noticed any grapes yet. Hickory hit fair in places.

chrislibby88

Bears have been lapping white oaks for close to a month already. They didn’t hit everywhere but where they did hit they are thick. Plenty of mountain oak, some red oak. Of course there are always chestnut oaks but they are a last resort.

They are in black gums too. Haven’t noticed any grapes yet. Hickory hit fair in places.
I can work with spotty whites.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Not enough wind in upper east central Georgia to blow anything out of the oaks or persimmons. Muscadines are falling.