Pot vs Pills

swamp hunter

My Bride weighs 93 pounds , eats not much , never has.
67 years old , use to be a professional dancer. Latin full blood .
She went from 125 to 93 the last 5 years, she's shrunk in front of my eyes.
Doc. prescriber's her pills to get her to eat like me at 235 pounds.
The script is over $400 for 6 months.
Pot is.. like free and pretty much works the same.
Just askin....:huh:

GoldDot40

Is there a medical or psychological issue that's causing the abnormal weight loss?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I think she should stick with what the MD says.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Has she tried the weed? If so, how did it work for her? Is it legal down there in FL?

Lilly001

While I have not partaken, I do know family that does.
Smoking is only one way to ingest the active ingredients. I know of one veteran that uses the oil extract in baked goods. He claims slower but longer and more consistent effects.
It will soon be legally available in Fl for medical use so if I where you I would inform myself and if it seems to offer promise I would not allow a soon to be changed law to stop me from helping someone who I care about.

Oldstick

The script is over $400 for 6 months.
Pot is.. like free and pretty much works the same.
Just askin....:huh:

I didn't realize pot was free however unless one grows it themselves..??

T-N-T

I hate the affect pot has on me. But many people don't have the reaction to it.

If it helps her, and she doesn't act too stupid... Well, I'd bet a dollar to a biscuit it's healthier than a daily pill, of any kind.

Capt Quirk

Keep in mind, while the Marinol may not work the same, it is legal. Get caught with a bag, and you are screwed. This isn't Colorado down here ;)

Lilly001

Keep in mind, while the Marinol may not work the same, it is legal. Get caught with a bag, and you are screwed. This isn't Colorado down here ;)

No, it's not Colorado, but there are changes coming due to voter action. I would not let a possible misdemeanor charge stop me from helping a loved one.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Cannabinoids have proven medical efficacy for a wide range of ailments. Smoking pot has proven negative health effects, many of which are similar to smoking tobacco.

Capt Quirk

Cannabinoids have proven medical efficacy for a wide range of ailments. Smoking pot has proven negative health effects, many of which are similar to smoking tobacco.
Maybe, but big tobacco has added so many chemicals, it's hard to equate that to natural weed.

swamp hunter

Pills.
Warning may cause Kidney damage, Ulcers ,Heart attack Stomach or Bowel side effects ,Shortness of breath.....ect...ect.
Pot.
Warning May make you drowsy , Hungry , Relaxation....ect. ect.
pills.
$430
pot.
free
Just sayin , Now if I can get her to try some...

Milkman , I have 2 Doctors. First one I haven't asked yet but will soon.
#2 Doctor is my sometimes Fishin pard , He says go for it.

Last edited:

Lilly001

I would look at baked goods to give her a start.
I know a woman who can not stand to smoke in any form, but raves about the benefits of her "special" brownies.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Pills.
Warning may cause Kidney damage, Ulcers ,Heart attack Stomach or Bowel side effects ,Shortness of breath.....ect...ect.
Pot.
Warning May make you drowsy , Hungry , Relaxation....ect. ect.
pills.
$430
pot.
free
Just sayin , Now if I can get her to try some...

Milkman , I have 2 Doctors. First one I haven't asked yet but will soon.
#2 Doctor is my sometimes Fishin pard , He says go for it.

Is $430 her copay or the full price for the drug ? Does medicare not approve the drug?

swamp hunter

$ 430 is our out the door price with Medicare part B. for a 6 month prescription.
Lilly..I ain't sure how you do the Baked goods stuff , but I'll check into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Capt Quirk

swamp hunter;10675660 Lilly..I ain't sure how you do the Baked goods stuff said:
Get the good brownie mix, the one with pudding in it, add a good bit of chocolate syrup and chopped walnuts. Gotta have the walnuts, to cut the taste of the pot. Use a food processor to chop it up into as fine as you can AFTER you have picked out the seeds and stems. Use between an 1/8th to a 1/4 oz, and bake normally.

swamp hunter

Thanks Quirk..think that'll do it.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB

even though the tabacco effects come from smoking two packs a day. never did agree with comparing 1 joint to 40 cigarrettes but that's big brother for you. Im not an advocate, but at an ailing 63 yrs, I suspect I'd do just as I pleased. Hope yal get better swamp.