Preacher gets leniency after raping daughter

atlashunter

And now back to the verbal diarrhea...

Israel

BANNED
And now back to the verbal diarrhea...

Is this in reference to you, me, or someone else?

Or

Is it you now permitting or allowing...as in "Now we can get back to verbal diarrhea"?

Or is it you describing a particular post, perhaps mine?

Or perhaps someone else's?

Do you see how any argument toward the "self evident" or self evidence can only make appeal to a self in some way "like it"? Able to receive its evidence?

atlashunter

:yawn:

Israel

BANNED

Is that you or me? Resting in peace? Neither? Both? A mimic?

Do you speak in symbols, too?

That what is symbolic...may exceed mere symbol to the real and true?

atlashunter

Somebody wake me up when we actually get an apologetics response.

WaltL1

Somebody wake me up when we actually get an apologetics response.
Rest in peace O lifeless one, until your name is called. Then you will awake to all truth.
Aaaaatlas Oh Aaaaatlas.... wakey wakey.....

atlashunter

Rest in peace O lifeless one, until your name is called. Then you will awake to all truth.

Why wait? Please share this truth you speak of and like my son in his algebra class, show your work.

ambush80

Why wait? Please share this truth you speak of and like my son in his algebra class, show your work.

I'll play Jesus's Advocate.

The word of God is nothing like Algebra. It must be taken as truth by faith, indeed it confounds the knowledge of man for it is divine. Unless one be saved and have the veil lifted from their eyes, it seems as foolishness, like 2+2=7, yet this is the truth as told to us by Holy Scripture and proper discernment. All things are possible through Christ.

Did I do a good job of Steelmanning their position?

atlashunter

The word of God is nothing like Algebra. It must be taken as truth by faith, indeed it confounds the knowledge of man for it is divine. Unless one be saved and have the veil lifted from their eyes, it seems as foolishness, like 2+2=7, yet this is the truth as told to us by Holy Scripture and proper discernment. All things are possible through Christ.

Not bad not bad. /golfclap

atlashunter

If believers really held beliefs that were true and the Bible was the inerrant word of god the conversation would go something like this.

“God is real and the Bible is true and I can prove it. John 14:14 says if we ask anything in his name he will do it. Other scriptures make similar claims. We can put these assurances of the efficacy of prayer to the test.” Then the believer uses prayer to do things that would otherwise be impossible. Like the things Jesus is said to have done. That wouldn’t leave much room for doubt.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

Perfect impersonation and great example of what we get as non Apologetic "answers" in here.

ambush80

Not bad not bad. /golfclap
Perfect impersonation and great example of what we get as non Apologetic "answers" in here.

bow.gif

Furthermore, I might be told that even though I can elucidate their position in such a way that they themselves will find accurate, it doesn't matter. Because without the gift of the Holy Spirit the words are meaningless. In other words "Even the Devil can quote scripture".

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Many years ago when I tried to explain things in an Apologetic way I always could only get so far and then have to make that leap from reality to opinion to excuses to speaking for non existent and dead people who I had never even seen let alone met.

Kind of like.....

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
View attachment 974180

Furthermore, I might be told that even though I can elucidate their position in such a way that they themselves will find accurate, it doesn't matter. Because without the gift of the Holy Spirit the words are meaningless. In other words "Even the Devil can quote scripture".
And....what strikes me as funny is that with all the "power" the believers give to da Debbil, and demons and evil spirits.. none of them could ever fathom being under the spell of one which causes them to act as they do. Lucky for them only the "good" spirits find them and cause the believers to believe the right way to the right god.

ambush80

If believers really held beliefs that were true and the Bible was the inerrant word of god the conversation would go something like this.

“God is real and the Bible is true and I can prove it. John 14:14 says if we ask anything in his name he will do it. Other scriptures make similar claims. We can put these assurances of the efficacy of prayer to the test.” Then the believer uses prayer to do things that would otherwise be impossible. Like the things Jesus is said to have done. That wouldn’t leave much room for doubt.

The boilerplate response will be something like "God doesn't jump through hoops to prove himself to unbelievers. If you believe, then you don't need proof". While at the same time they might say something like "He proves himself to be real to me every day and he has never let me down".

This contradiction will go uncontested because it clearly illustrates the inability of an unbeliever to discern. They would do so much better to untether their religion from supernatural claims. It almost seems as if they need the magic to remain for fear that without it their belief may lose some power. If there's anything useful in religion these days, it's only diluted by the supernatural claims.

Last edited:

ambush80

And....what strikes me as funny is that with all the "power" the believers give to da Debbil, and demons and evil spirits.. none of them could ever fathom being under the spell of one which causes them to act as they do. Lucky for them only the "good" spirits find them and cause the believers to believe the right way to the right god.

If you want to see the real danger in any of this see:

http://forum.gon.com/threads/the-world-we-live-in.945757/page-2#post-11773194

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

ambush80

Yes, i follow along down there.
The same bunch throws a fit if an anti religious group wants something removed from Gov't property, but only if and when it is something of the religion they follow. The same keep god crowd is very picky on which god.

The argument that they eventually throw out is "America was founded on Judeo Christian values, so they should get special recognition". How would you argue against that.