Pretty sure no one owned the Telecaster like Roy Buchanan did…

menhadenman

Have some fond memories of thus album in a pool hall as a young man.

I’m a guitar picker myself, with a couple telecasters, and this man is impressive.

Only guy to ever sell out the Garden with no record label. Wound up killing himself (hanging) if I remember.

Pretty sure he did some work with folks we all know - Charlie Daniel’s was a fan.

creekrunner

He was great, Danny Gatton came out of the same region and wound up killing himself too.
Laur Joamets is one of my favorites these days. Played with Sturgill Simpson and now plays with Drivin and Cryin

Redbow

Mark Knopfler wasn't a slow leak with his lead guitar playing either. He played Strats, Telecasters, Pensa's and Gibson's as well as other brands. I see where Mark is selling off some of his prize guitars. Says he has so many guitars in his collection he needs to get rid of some of them. Knopfler quit giving concerts a few years ago he is one of my favorite musicians.

creekrunner

Mark Knopfler wasn't a slow leak with his lead guitar playing either. He played Strats, Telecasters, Pensa's and Gibson's as well as other brands. I see where Mark is selling off some of his prize guitars. Says he has so many guitars in his collection he needs to get rid of some of them. Knopfler quit giving concerts a few years ago he is one of my favorite musicians.
Thanks for the info, going to be interesting to see what some those go for. That 59 Les Paul probably going to Bonamassa

Redbow

Thanks for the info, going to be interesting to see what some those go for. That 59 Les Paul probably going to Bonamassa
I think that Les Paul might be the one that he played Brothers in Arms with, but the article I read said that the Les Paul that he played that song with is going to be up for sale. Never thought Mark would get rid of that guitar.