Tim Tebow

polkhunt

Banned
I think God has more important stuff to do than worry be concerned about Tebow winning a game but Tebow not hiding the fact he is a Christian is a good thing. I don't know the man so I can't say if he is a good role model or not. He may be a terrible person at home I no idea and neither does anyone else.

:rofl::rofl:

that is probably a good thing. if you have a bad opinion of someone, means they're probably on the straight and narrow.::ke:::ke:::ke:
;)

Yeah because you know what an immoral, evil person I am. Maybe if I was a Christian I could be more respectable. Wonder if I could be like Jimmy Swaggart or Eric Rudolph?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why?
I'm not into football at all, except maybe a little bit of NC State and that's only cause my girls are into it. I don't watch it.

Just wondering why your opinion of him is not good?

Mtnwoman I'm feeling generous and have decided to indulge you. First, I'm a Georgia fan so TT and I got off on the wrong foot from the get-go. Now that doesn't mean it's irrevocable...I have a lot of respect for Danny Wuerffel and the good works for which he is responsible. But Danny wasn't an emotional infant who cried every time bad things happened on the football field. Bad things happen for me at work, I don't cry about it. DW didn't answer interviewers with religiosity every 4th word either. Just football. I'm happy for the guy but I'm sick of hearing about him and having to endure every detail of his life on every tv and radio channel.

I would post a motivational picture of him crying that was very popular a few years ago, but I'm apparently no longer allowed to insert jpeg's for some reason.

WTM45

Genuflecting in the batters box, kneeling on the sidelines, praying on the field, crotch grabbing, chest pounding, pointing at the sky, dancing and the like are nothing to me but the actions of a "look at me" self absorbed athlete.
One action is no worse than another.

1gr8bldr

I do believe that God blesses those who revere and honor him, I do, but football, God does not care who wins. If that were the case, instead of practice, they should have a prayer meeting. Then the winner would be the one who has the most praying fans. I'm sorry. Edit- I should clarify that my response has nothing to do with Tim T, I'm sure he is a great guy with a great faith.

mtnwoman

I do believe that God blesses those who revere and honor him, I do, but football, God does not care who wins. If that were the case, instead of practice, they should have a prayer meeting. Then the winner would be the one who has the most praying fans. I'm sorry. Edit- I should clarify that my response has nothing to do with Tim T, I'm sure he is a great guy with a great faith.

I don't think God cares about football and neither do I. But I am delighted to hear about Tim Tebow and his witnessing and I'm sure God put him in a place for all to hear and that is the reason for it....all for the glory of God. It is encouragement for those who look up to football players, and most kids have their super heros to look up to. I'm happy they are hearing the word of God since they are sitting in the front of the tv for hours watching football and probably not even going to church in fear of missing a play.

I think it also impresses on kids who think it's uncool to be a good guy, that it's ok and a good thing to be a good guy.

God will use whoever He chooses to, in whatever way He wants to, even if it confounds the 'wise'. And I think it's awesome even though i've never even watched him play, I have been drawn to all the other good things that Tim Tebow does for people, and am glad to see a good guy for a change influencing our young'uns.

mtnwoman

I like the fact that Tebow is stirring so much conversation and providing so many opportunities for Christian sports fans to witness that they wouldn't ordinarily have.

Tebow has made it clear that he is not praying to win but simply for God to help him do the best job he can do in life and on the field.

He has shown extraordinary faith in putting himself and his faith on the line for all to see and I think God honors that. I don't think God cares about football or about the Broncos as a team per se but he does care about his name and the name of his son and how it is presented and I believe he will show his mighty works in many ways through Tim and possibly through the Broncos.

Doesn't mean necessarily they'll go to the Super Bowl or even win their next game but whatever happens God will be in it somewhere.

As to the author of the above piece's concerns about the media and how they're blowing things out of perspective and about people mocking "The Tebow", I don't worry about that stuff. Tebow can handle it and so can God, he's been mocked before.

I've heard some sports announcers I never thought would have a positive thing to say about Tebow have to backtrack and admit he has "something" special going on. Others of course are not so kind but who cares? God is getting the glory.

Amen!!

mtnwoman

I greatly admire Tebow and his talent and his ability is his own doing. I don't think God has much to do with it and I surely hope that with all that is going on in the world my God has something else to do than decide who is going to win a silly football game.

I can agree with one thing, football games are silly...:bounce:

But God knows millions of silly people are watching the games and so He uses whoever He chooses to get in a Word here and there. Perhaps church is a better place to be or at nursing homes with the sick, but since most guys I know do watch these silly games, then maybe they'll get a clue.

mtnwoman

Mtnwoman I'm feeling generous and have decided to indulge you. First, I'm a Georgia fan so TT and I got off on the wrong foot from the get-go. Now that doesn't mean it's irrevocable...I have a lot of respect for Danny Wuerffel and the good works for which he is responsible. But Danny wasn't an emotional infant who cried every time bad things happened on the football field. Bad things happen for me at work, I don't cry about it. DW didn't answer interviewers with religiosity every 4th word either. Just football. I'm happy for the guy but I'm sick of hearing about him and having to endure every detail of his life on every tv and radio channel.

I would post a motivational picture of him crying that was very popular a few years ago, but I'm apparently no longer allowed to insert jpeg's for some reason.

Gee I'm so surprised you'd feel that way....:bounce:
Who's Danny Wuerffel? never heard of him....guess cause I'm not into football. So obviously TT is reaching out beyond the boundaries of a game, because I have heard about him....sorta proves the point, doesn't it?

1gr8bldr

I don't think God cares about football and neither do I. But I am delighted to hear about Tim Tebow and his witnessing and I'm sure God put him in a place for all to hear and that is the reason for it....all for the glory of God. It is encouragement for those who look up to football players, and most kids have their super heros to look up to. I'm happy they are hearing the word of God since they are sitting in the front of the tv for hours watching football and probably not even going to church in fear of missing a play.

I think it also impresses on kids who think it's uncool to be a good guy, that it's ok and a good thing to be a good guy.

God will use whoever He chooses to, in whatever way He wants to, even if it confounds the 'wise'. And I think it's awesome even though i've never even watched him play, I have been drawn to all the other good things that Tim Tebow does for people, and am glad to see a good guy for a change influencing our young'uns.
A good influence indeed

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher
If you think God is exerting his influence into Tebow's on field performances... flip the channel over to your local CBS station right now and check out the score... if God indeed does have anything to do with the outcome of fooball games, then he obviously put his money on the Pats this week?

On a more serious note, I for the life of me just cannot see how anyone can hate on Tebow... the man, not the ball player. This is the kind of kid that you'd want your own son to turn out to be... no doubt, a role model possessing morals and character that far exceed any pro-athlete that has come along in decades... perhaps ever? You may hate his throwing motion, you may cringe every time he scrambles out of the pocket, and his wobbly passes may be giving you nightmares... but if you seriously have problems with the public displays of his relationship with Christ or question the sincerity of his humanitarian efforts... you've got some issues then. Serious issues... I really feel sorry for anyone who fails to recognize and appreciate the positive impact of this young, Christain man currently in the spotlight. It is heartlifting and a source of celebration for us who have sat silently by as thug after thug has made the sports headlines for years. From the standpoint of a christain... well it's nice to see God has got himself such a high profile pitchman now!

mtnwoman

If you think God is exerting his influence into Tebow's on field performances... flip the channel over to your local CBS station right now and check out the score... if God indeed does have anything to do with the outcome of fooball games, then he obviously put his money on the Pats this week?

On a more serious note, I for the life of me just cannot see how anyone can hate on Tebow... the man, not the ball player. This is the kind of kid that you'd want your own son to turn out to be... no doubt, a role model possessing morals and character that far exceed any pro-athlete that has come along in decades... perhaps ever? You may hate his throwing motion, you may cringe every time he scrambles out of the pocket, and his wobbly passes may be giving you nightmares... but if you seriously have problems with the public displays of his relationship with Christ or question the sincerity of his humanitarian efforts... you've got some issues then. Serious issues... I really feel sorry for anyone who fails to recognize and appreciate the positive impact of this young, Christain man currently in the spotlight. It is heartlifting and a source of celebration for us who have sat silently by as thug after thug has made the sports headlines for years. From the standpoint of a christain... well it's nice to see God has got himself such a high profile pitchman now!

Amen!! Great post!!
I agree has nothin' at all to do about a win in a game!!

a role model possessing morals and character that far exceed any pro-athlete that has come along in decades... perhaps ever?

How did you measure this exactly? You seem pretty sure of yourself with this bold statement.

Gee I'm so surprised you'd feel that way....:bounce:
Who's Danny Wuerffel? never heard of him....guess cause I'm not into football. So obviously TT is reaching out beyond the boundaries of a game, because I have heard about him....sorta proves the point, doesn't it?

Not really. The media are just obsessing over him and he is seriously overexposed. I provided a link that gives you all the info you'd ever want on DW. I guess you didn't notice it. He's like TT but without the lisp and he never cried.

Last edited:

mtnwoman

Not really. The media are just obsessing over him and he is seriously overexposed. I provided a link that gives you all the info you'd ever want on DW. I guess you didn't notice it. He's like TT but without the lisp and he never cried.

So what's the deal about crying....Jesus wept, ya know? Without the lisp?...gees...that's sad that you even bring that up. I bet he got bullied by boys like you when he was young. I know my daughter did....I don't think highly of a person who finds that important about someones character....
I'm not interested in reading about run of the mill heros in football, if they don't have the guts to stand up to what they believe then, oh well, I'm not interested in what they do on the field....as I'm not interested in just the game.
If they don't have anything to say that might touch the hearts of people when they have the chance on tv...then
whatever, carry on with the game....that's what it's about to them.

mtnwoman

How did you measure this exactly? You seem pretty sure of yourself with this bold statement.

I measure it by.....I never remember or even notice other players....for me to notice a football player is pretty rare.
We measure it by the measure of faith that God has given him and us.

So what's the deal about crying....Jesus wept, ya know? Without the lisp?...gees...that's sad that you even bring that up. I bet he got bullied by boys like you when he was young, like you. I know my daughter did....I don't think highly of a person who finds that important about someones character....
It was a distinction, not a topic for ridicule. Point being, Tebow and Weurffel are very similar. Relax.

I'm not interested in reading about run of the mill heros in football, if they don't have the guts to stand up to what they believe then, oh well, I'm not interested in what they do on the field....as I'm not interested in just the game.
If they don't have anything to say that might touch the hearts of people when they have the chance on tv...then
whatever, carry on with the game....that's what it's about to them.

Okay, since you won't go through the trouble....Danny Weurffel is just as fervent a Christian as is Tebow. He pretty well has devoted his life to charity work in New Orleans. He lost all his buildings in Hurricane Katrina and came right back. The only difference, besides the lisp and the lack of crying, is that he didn't constantly harp on Jesus on tv. It was a private matter and he kept it that way, which I respect very much.

At any rate, I won't be answering your questions in the future. I was just trying to converse.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
This is the kind of kid that you'd want your own son to turn out to be... no doubt, a role model possessing morals and character that far exceed any pro-athlete that has come along in decades... perhaps ever?

I have two of them at home right now with all of those qualities, yet they achieved those things without adding in the religious hoopla that seemingly gives bonus points.

jmharris23

It was a distinction, not a topic for ridicule. Point being, Tebow and Weurffel are very similar. Relax.

Okay, since you won't go through the trouble....Danny Weurffel is just as fervent a Christian as is Tebow. He pretty well has devoted his life to charity work in New Orleans. He lost all his buildings in Hurricane Katrina and came right back. The only difference, besides the lisp and the lack of crying, is that he didn't constantly harp on Jesus on tv. It was a private matter and he kept it that way, which I respect very much.

At any rate, I won't be answering your questions in the future. I was just trying to converse.

Are you this uptight in real life? Just wondering, though I am sure you wont't indulge me to answer my question :cry: