Quality ammo cans

RustyH

I have a mixture of cans, but never the plastic type. I also put reflective Caliber numbers on my cans for easy sorting and grabbing in a hurry. I took this photo a few months ago when updating my ammo inventory.

It’s good to update your inventory every few months so that when you’re out and see ammo a BP or Walmart you know what you need and can get it at the lower prices.
I like to keep a minimum of 2000 rounds of CCI 22LR as it’s my go to ammo. Second is 38 special because I use it in my lever and wheel guns. I keep it at least 100 rounds of 308 and 100 rounds 30-30 leverroution for hunting. 556 is just buy when its cheap, 380 & 45 is also just bought when cheap as I don’t shoot those very often.

After that AMMO shortage a few years ago, anytime I see ammo at a good price, I buy it.
20220531_183755.jpg

Nimrod71

That's true, they do come off, but the new ones I purchased at Harbor Freight and Wal Mart come off without any effort to take them off. With the Army ones you have to want to take them off, wiggling the open top back and forth while pushing to the side they will come off.

SC Hunter

We moved about a week ago and I found out I need alot more ammo cans than I have. My wife just shook her head and rolled her eyes when I started moving ammo. I've got 5 milk crates slap full of ammo sitting in a closet with the just as many ammo cans in there.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

That's true, they do come off, but the new ones I purchased at Harbor Freight and Wal Mart come off without any effort to take them off. With the Army ones you have to want to take them off, wiggling the open top back and forth while pushing to the side they will come off.

I picked up a few plastic cans from Harbor Freight a couple years back. I filled a couple up with coated lead bullets.....mistake. Bigtime mistake. They made it from garage to mancave, thankfully.....but later on was moving them in the mancave and had a handle failure on one and a latch failure on the other.

From that point forward I'd use the plastic HF cans only for brass.

Appreciate the tip @lampern (y)

Dub

We moved about a week ago and I found out I need alot more ammo cans than I have. My wife just shook her head and rolled her eyes when I started moving ammo. I've got 5 milk crates slap full of ammo sitting in a closet with the just as many ammo cans in there.

done-well-you-have-young-jedi.jpg

:LOL:

Dub

My wife made the statement about how in 32 years of me being alive have I managed to obtain this many bullets? ?? my brother heard her and asked what I was going to do with the ammo and few guns I have at his house. ???‍♂️

200w-5.gif

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Last move we made I bought one of those Stanley rollable worksite boxes to move my ammo. It has to be about 5 ft long and 2 Ft high. I’ve worked hard on building up stock since then. ?

GregoryB.

Just moved to WV recently and had the same issues with ammo storage containers. I had to pack ammo in all kinds of storage containers. Luckily the wife only saw some of my ammo and guns. Trying to work some money for a new rifle from her tight little fist since we just closed on our old house today.

Jester896

Senior Clown

you hang in there...you'll catch up soon enough

Trying to work some money for a new rifle from her tight little fist since we just closed on our old house today.

congrats!

SC Hunter

Just moved to WV recently and had the same issues with ammo storage containers. I had to pack ammo in all kinds of storage containers. Luckily the wife only saw some of my ammo and guns. Trying to work some money for a new rifle from her tight little fist since we just closed on our old house today.
Mine knows how many guns I have, I had her carrying guns from the safe to the truck the other day. I sold my safe with the house and will be buying another one and put it where I want it before they frame our new house up. Luckily my brother, parents and father in law all have room for some of my guns in their safes. My wife asked me yesterday to please lets wait until everything gets going with the new house before I go into gun buying mode. She knows I want a new shotgun but I assured her that I am indeed waiting for everything to get going first. We closed on ours day before yesterday, Congrats on the sale!

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I lucked into a killer deal a couple years back...guy I work with was selling .50 cal ammo cans for $5. Said he picked them up from Ft. Benning. Don't know if he did or not, but...

I bought all 60 he had.

some have rust and are scratched up but all have lids and close and seal properly. I have used them for ammo storage and organizers in my truck tool box.

GI ammo cans have unlimited uses.

Nimrod71

Guns without Ammo, that can present a some issues. Always, when you have extra cash, or credit, buy ammo. Over the pasted few years I have learned Ammo has more value than guns.

After showing my wife what ammo was selling for and even selling a couple boxes she no longer mines me buying ammo or reloading components.

I'm afraid the government has seen a way to control us armed citizens, just control the ammo.

Therefore, buy all the military grade ammo cans you can and fill them up with good quality ammo. Oh by the way, a little rust and dents only give ammo cans character.

Dub

@lampern thanks again for the very, very timely heads up on these cans.

Came home from work last night and had a tall box on the front porch.

They'd packed those things really well.....amazing, actually.

Got 'em up to the mancave and stacked up.

Son asked me today if I had a decent sized cardboard box he could use......"YES, I do, Boy. Yes I do (y)" ....that shipping box was a perfect fit for what he needed it for and I didn't have to break it down and haul off. GON from the house, lol.