Question about quota hunt choices

Gl4di4torRr

I have put in for my first choice. I have one priority point. Looking at the selection odds, I have about a 20% chance of being selected. I was thinking about putting in for a second and third choice. If I am NOT selected for my first choice, does my priority point go into effect for the second and third choice? I do not want my priority point to be used on the second and third choice. I would prefer to be drawn on 0 point quota hunts.

The hunting regs below talk about if you ARE chosen for the first hunt.

"For most hunt categories, you may specify a first, second and third hunt location/date choice. Do not specify second or third choices unless you are interested in attending those hunts, since there is a chance you will be chosen.

Hunters who are selected for their first hunt location/date within a category are considered to have no points for their second- and third-choice hunt selections. They are lower-ranked than persons competing for a hunt as their first hunt location. However, if all hunters who made a particular hunt location/date their first choice have been assigned to that hunt and there are spots left over, a hunter with that hunt as second choice in a category may be selected, too."

sportsman94

I do believe your priority point is used for the second and third choices. Or at least that’s the way it used to be.