Quota Confusion

whitetailfreak

I've been applying for quota hunts for years, and have never noticed this. Am I looking at this correctly in that they are calling this upcoming turkey season "2018", or is this a typo? It seems like about the time I get use to the format, it changes. I assume that submitting an application with no hunt selections will still gain you a priority?

Screenshot_20190116-210354.png

Last edited:

Buckman18

Wonder if it’s because it’s still the 2018-19 season as far as regs are concerned? That’s the only explanation I can think of?

whitetailfreak

Wonder if it’s because it’s still the 2018-19 season as far as regs are concerned? That’s the only explanation I can think of?

I'd say you are right. My application says pending, so I think I'm good. I keep hording points hoping one day they bring back the John's Mtn turkey quota.

QuackAttack101

I'd say you are right. My application says pending, so I think I'm good. I keep hording points hoping one day they bring back the John's Mtn turkey quota.

I've been hoarding mine as well and think I'm finally gonna use some points this year.

And is there a certain part of John's Mountain that used to be quota? Unless I'm missing something, the regs say the entire 24K+ acres are open for sign in hunting (without a quota permit) for the entire season

whitetailfreak

I've been hoarding mine as well and think I'm finally gonna use some points this year.

And is there a certain part of John's Mountain that used to be quota? Unless I'm missing something, the regs say the entire 24K+ acres are open for sign in hunting (without a quota permit) for the entire season

That's correct, but the first 2 weeks was quota up until 4 or 5 years ago. 2 (1) week hunts.

Gaswamp

Anybody in the double digits on pts yet

PappyHoel

I’ve got 8 saved.

Gaswamp

I've got 12

Wayne D Davis

It took me to 3 yrs ago to figure out how to get points... sad anit it. But I'll have 3 turkey,deer,and hog points built this season