Ran across some good folks today

Ran into the USDA
Wildlife services folks on the Altamha. They were highly professional and great folks to talk with. They were taking blood samples of all the ducks killed checking for bird flue.
Austin Rayhon and Rhett Walker are USDA reps and they were great. Also want to mention the state Game Warden Ranger Lucas . Highly professional and just a great guy . Spent a good while in the middle of the river having some good conversation. You know most of the time you talk to these government folks and it is not a good time talking to these folks but here are three great guys.

Last edited:
Been talkin to the FDA guys a few years now, they’re always amicable. They love ducks just as much as us. Wish I could have gave them more to sample!

MudDucker

Staff member
So the chinese guy isn't the only one checking that these days.

In bama they swab the ducks as you are leaving the ramp. They don't bother you out in the field/water.
They were at the ramp game warden checked us in the river and we saw him at the ramp after the hunt

MudDucker

Staff member
They were at the ramp game warden checked us in the river and we saw him at the ramp after the hunt

Haven't hunted the panhandle coast yet this year, but last year there were game wardens everywhere and they checked me once when the birds started coming. They were nice, but I wasn't happy with their timing. They mentioned that they had sat up on top of their truck and glassed the entire area.