Redlands

The Donk

Been doing some scouting out on the Redlands this year for the first time. I noticed there are deer there, maybe just a little thin in numbers. I did see a big buck chasing a doe this morning across a FS road. Made me wish I had a bow, cause he was Mature for sure. Put a camera out in a different area on a large rub. Good news is it wasn't stolen, bad news is the buck is kinda terrible looking, given it was a bad photo.20181013_132100.jpg

pmimbs

I used to hunt there a lot when I lived in Athens. Back then we had no trouble seeing deer but good gracious at the amount of ppl that hunted that place when gun season started!

ugajay

I used to hunt there a lot when I lived in Athens. Back then we had no trouble seeing deer but good gracious at the amount of ppl that hunted that place when gun season started!
Back when I was in school at UGA, I was probably one of the ones in your way! Used to frequent there often myself to get away from the city.

The Donk

I've heard the stories. I am not sold on hunting firearms there yet. I do feel there is an opportunity for Bow hunters there, especially since there is a decent amount of days to hunt. That big ole buck chasing that doe was pretty cool to see though. Sometimes a little motivation can go a long way.