Remember when this was fast

Lukikus2

Ironically the Buick Grand National is one of the first small turbo muscle car experiments ever produced for mass release.
My favorite go fast experiment was the Chevy Syclone and Typhoon

Mine was actually the 260 and 280 Z’s. Don’t believe I ever hit top end in either, was over 160mph when I quit looking at the speedometer.

Toliver

I took my 65 Ranchero to a church car show tonight. I wasn't really showing my car, I was there to see some really fine sheet metal. Several big block 67 Chevelles were there, a 41 International pickup truck, lots of Tri 5s and 65 to 68 Mustangs. There was a really nice 300 Ford there too.
We were walking the campground the other day and somebody had parked this in a camping site and plugged it in. Odd....it doesn't look like an electric car.

20230531_124639.jpg20230531_124607.jpg20230531_124554.jpg20230531_124507.jpg20230531_124447.jpg

A 4.3 zero to 60 is not terrible today. I would love to own one and do some more power with the all wheel drive.

A nice one today is 50k+ and a rag still 25k
I was at Dixie speedway. They did the spectator racing. So I entered my hoped up Silverado I had at that time. Probally been 20 plus years ago. I got beat by the Camaro that needed up wining it all. The cyclone or typhoon dusted the Camaro. The truck had a head start so they re ran them. The Camaro edged him out as the Camaro came up on him like he was gonna hit him and they typoon lifted. That was one heck of a race

sinclair1

People buy these monsters so they can idle them in the Walgreens drive through while waiting to pick up their prescriptions.

I cannot think of the last time I’ve seen someone actually flogging their muscle car along the empty stretches of blacktop.
This idiot aired it out!