Renamed Thread: Midwest Prep 2024 - Please join in and share your plans!!!

Jim Boyd

I suggested to @slow motion that this present COULD be a cross bow and then went on to opine that perhaps a Ravin might be in there.

With his ingenious wit, Dale suggested that my bride may have interpreted broad hints about Ravin as the raven and contained within this box might be an expansive collection of Edgar Allen Poe.

I am sitting on pins and needles - what say you folks????

IMG_4162.jpeg

Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Looks mighty narrow Jim. It must be one of them new fangled light speed mini crossbows.

slow motion

I suggested to @slow motion that this present COULD be a cross bow and then went on to opine that perhaps a Ravin might be in there.

With his ingenious wit, Dale suggested that my bride may have interpreted broad hints about Ravin as the raven and contained with this box might be an expansive collection of Edgar Allen Poe.

I am sitting on pins and needles - what say you folks????

View attachment 1278139
Quothe the Raven " Nevermore "

Jim Boyd

Weigh and measure the box ...Then head to the archery store to ruin your surprise tomorrow morning.... :LOL:

I have been forbidden to touch or shake the box.

My bride runs a tight ship.

First I gotta work on the leaves in the yard and then get a roast on the spit.

Bride is from Miami so Dolphins and Cowboys a little later.

Genuinely hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas filled with love and family.

slow motion

And sometimes any bird that is black will do.
Screenshot_20231224-140604_Chrome.jpg
Might be a bit obscure a reference for you young folk but alas , there's Google.

slow motion

Merry Christmas brother Jim. Can't wait to see you with it lying against a buck.

Blackston

When I worked a champion machine on president street all un identified parts and boxes were called a “ rudder for a ducks butt” soooo that’s my answer … rudder for a ducks butt” lol

slow motion

There's also a Raven comic book but didn't post a pic for the same reason I'm saying that's not it. It's a young lady whose persona is a scantily clad heroine.