Rookie Mistake

dixie

Friday I had a LOT to do that kept me from getting ready for Sat morning, Friday afternoon, I started getting ready for Sat morning, camo's washed and dried, mantles replaced that needed it, stove cked and ready, got my propane, bought new batteries for the radio and game ear.Gassed the truck up, got home and ready to start packing, everythings OK so far, THEN, I get my smoke pole down, pull the plug, cked the bore, everythings fine----so far. time to start loading up, by now it's around 9 P.M. I get the bore butter, primers, bullets and man I'm getting excited, THEN, I dig out my powder pellets, about $40.00 worth, ALL ruined by moisture!!! I'd kept them in the basment in our new house, I learned the hard way, this house's basment is not as dry as the old one was. So, here I sit Sat morning on Woody's instead in my stand on opening morning. All because of a "rookie mistake" I KNEW better than to leave my powder down there. :eek:

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Dang Dixie

That's a shame.

Hope you get in the woods soon :)

I spent some time yesterday trying to get the iron sights set on my CVA, for next week, they didn't seem to want to settle in the "sweet" spot for me. I did manage to save a couple of bullets and some powder for when the rain stops next week :)

I was in a couple of local stores Thursday and the MZ supplies had been well picked thru ;)

Good luck when you do get in the woods :clap:

leo

Schulze

Dixie one thing you can do is this.
Go to a army surplus store and get a 50 Cal ammo can with a GOOD rubber seal on it. Works like a charm.

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Sorry to hear that Dixi -- All us poor stay-at-home souls should have thrown a "Can't Hunt Today" party... :)

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
should have pm me have a good supply of 50cal pyrodex pellets 50gr and 30gr you could have had all you needed eddy

dixie

Thanks

for the offer Eddie, I wish I'd known that, I waited for Gables here to open, he was sold out of what I needed, went to two different wally worlds, they had NOTHING for black powder there, ended up driving all the way over to Adventure outdoors, they had a good supply. Kinda glad I did, I learned they have the Tree Lounge there with all the goodies for them too. By then it was well afternoon, I said to heck with it and went back home and watched the second half of the dawgs game. Just getting off to a BAD start of the season. LOL, Milt, I'm just gonna pretend you didn't REALLY say that to me!! :bounce: :bounce:

Last edited: