#425 Drivelers have the right name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
There are several of these on there right now
My yard is full of butterflies all summer. I like seeing them.

Thats so pretty, there’s not an artistic bone in my body but I recognize artistic beauty. That’s a framing pic of natures beauty.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
The cat I tried to subdue happened right after I got married.
Our nearest neighbor was about a mile away down the dirt road.
Old family farm, old, unused chicken houses, barns, etc. He had a yard full of cats and offered to give us one.
When we got there he threw out some scraps and pointed out two kittens. He said them two's brothers why don't you get them. They were wild as the dickens but I caught em and got em in the truck.
When I got back around there he said that's the mama, might as well get her too. I didn't want three cats but somehow I got talked into it.
I waited until she was eating and slipped up and dove on her. It was touch and go for a minute but I finally got both back feet in one hand and both front ones in the other. I was squeezing tight too!
I said ok I got you now. Then she bit my thumb, not gentle like but real rough. I felt teeth hit bone but held on. I mean what else could she do now??
Well, she did something I hadn't calculated on. She turned loose and bit me again.
I aint seen her since. Good riddance.
Couldn't wiggle that thumb for nigh on a year.
Only cat my adult self ever got along with, my 180lb. Rottie "brought home". Bear never beat on the door to come in unless a big storm was coming. One real sunny day I hear him just pounding on the door like he was try'n to knock it off the hinges. I open the door and heres this "terror of the county" standing there with the saddest look I've ever seen on a dog looking up at me with this "cat" (one could have put either it's body or tail in a beer can) bite'n on his bottom lip with all claws grab'b holt everywhere they could and .. growl'n to beat the band. He was .. "PLEASE get this thang off of me!" Got him off and named him T 2000, Tee for short and he soon became the "Boss" around the place.. everyone around (but me) was scared to death of him. Dude got snake bit twice on the face (brought both dead snakes home) and survived (with my help, vet don't know cats).

Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
One of the sacrifices of my business. The lifestyle is fast and unscheduled. It makes piddling in garden nearly impossible.

flatwoods

One of the sacrifices of my business. The lifestyle is fast and unscheduled. It makes piddling in garden nearly impossible.
Yeah. I been there. I started out in Local 613. Lots of money to be made traveling. Found out that wasnt for me.
Home is my happy place. Soon got tired of driving 4 hours a day to work.
I think UGA was a good decision for me.
Im not rich but I got to be home and retire early.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I wouldn’t trade my experiences for anything. Places and people aren’t a concept to me, been there. I do know the cost though.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That’s of course my orange one. I have a lavender one that has already bloomed.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I have a funny feeling that I should put some Sevin on my tomatoes today.
Its about time for the Hummingbird Moth larvae, that I dearly love, to eat them up.
Thanks for reminding me. Everything is doing.. so so. Maters are twice the size I planted and a couple have buds, 1/3 of the okra is up, and got 2 plants each on my water melon and pumpkin hills. Only one's I having problems with is my cukes.. not one up yet and I just scratched them in.

flatwoods

Thanks for reminding me. Everything is doing.. so so. Maters are twice the size I planted and a couple have buds, 1/3 of the okra is up, and got 2 plants each on my water melon and pumpkin hills. Only one's I having problems with is my cukes.. not one up yet and I just scratched them in.
What watermelons you planting?
I grew up on yellow meats and was always partial to them. Dont see them much anymore.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
What watermelons you planting?
I grew up on yellow meats and was always partial to them. Dont see them much anymore.
That was always the "treat" around our house grow'n up. Got a Black Diamond or what ever once a week during the summer, but when Dad showed up with a yellow meat melon meant we'd done something good.
I like to plant Congos most of the time, but had bad luck the last couple years.. so I went with tried and true Black Diamonds this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts