ruger american ranch 300 blackout??

GADawg08

anybody have this gun and willing to give some feedback? My dealer says he can get one for $400. I'm itching to buy a new gun to tinker with and also my little boy will be hunting in a few more yrs and I figure he will be able to use it. Any feedback/reviews you guys could give would be appreciated. thanks guys!!

misterpink

Great rifle. Affordable and very accurate. Super quite suppressed. Great for a kid. No recoil. Solid deer hog predator round.

ryanh487

I've heard of a couple folks that had issues with the threading causing suppressor misalignment, but they seem to be rare. Other than that I've heard nothing but good things.

jeffersonbigbuck

I have one that I bought for my 9 year old daughter to hunt with. Neat little gun and is very accurate. Half inch 3 shot groups at 100yrds with hornady v max 110 grain. We practice with these and shoot deer with the hornady full boar 110 grain. I shot a 190lb 9 pt with it last year at 75yrds broke front shoulder and exited low on opposite side. Deer went maybe 20yrds after shot. Just keep shots on deer
125yrds or less and it works good!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
300 BO is a great 150-yard deer round with supersonic ammo. I would not hunt deer with a suppressed 300 BO. The energy is about the same as a 9mm pistol when you're shooting subsonic ammo.

misterpink

Yes subs are a no go for hunting. I let my 7 yo practice with subs and suppesor for confidence. The switch to supers (110 barnes ttx) and the can for hunting.

Bam Bam

I'd like to have one in 7.62x39, it uses Mini Thirty Mags, It would be like Hunting with a Bolt Action 30-30!

Attachments

• ruger-16976-76239.jpg
    ruger-16976-76239.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 703

Wjackson11x

Try using 125gr Nosler ballistic tips for hunting and you should be Ok. I've killed several with reloads out of a 9.5" barrel and suppressor. Keep shots under 100-150 yds and shot placement is key.
My kids love shooting my 300blk

JoPa

I have a Ruger American in 308. The compact model. Very light and easy to carry around in woods and easy climbing into stand. 3 x 9 Leupold. Shoots tacks. I think they make a reduced recoil 308 round, not sure, but that could be option for your son when he's ready. It has a great recoil pad. I put a camo wrap on it, camo sling. It's a great deer rifle. I want to say Bud's had it for around $300.

Wjackson11x

I would also advise you to look into the Thomson Center Compass. It comes in several different calibers including 7mm08 and 6.5 creedmoor. I just bought one in 7mm08 for my 5 yr old son.

Kentucky gun company has a smoking deal on them right now and also comes with a $75 factory rebate. I paid $273 plus $25 ffl fee. After the rebate, I'll have $223.00 in a great little rifle.

It comes with a threaded barrel, guaranteed MOA at 100 yds, which I tested and is confirmed.

They also have some combo deals with a Vortex scope for an additional $80. The scope is worth $169

aabradley82

I've got one. Accurate little gun. My nephew is using it this year and killed a button head with the 110 vmax. I did cut the stock down for the kids since I'm short armed and like youth stocks on rifles. Inside 150 it's deadly with supersonics.

deers2ward

I have the ruger American Ranch in 5.56

The stock feels cheap (which should be expected), but it is a solid little gun for the money, and hits where you aim.

It rides around with me in the offseason on the back seat of the UTV while doing chores.

Gumpbuck

I have a Ruger American in 308. The compact model. Very light and easy to carry around in woods and easy climbing into stand. 3 x 9 Leupold. Shoots tacks. I think they make a reduced recoil 308 round, not sure, but that could be option for your son when he's ready. It has a great recoil pad. I put a camo wrap on it, camo sling. It's a great deer rifle. I want to say Bud's had it for around $300.

DITTO!!!! This is the set up I have for my wife. She loves it and she turned an 8 pt into DRT 2 weeks ago with it.

Latest posts