Rumor Has it, Team 26 has this Challenge is in the bag!

OldManWinter

I was fortunate to draw out with 2 great lean mean turkey killing machines for this challenge, turkeyed and leghorn. Even though I've hunted my butt off I couldnt kill a turkey big enough to post in this challenge because these 2 guys laid the smack down on some really awesome birds this year. Both are probably to modest to brag about thier conquest so I'll do it for them since I'm riding thier coat tails to the finish line. I heard from turkeyed today and it seems he brought down a bird that will score the highest of any bird entered thus far. It has been a true pleasure being in this contest and especially on thier team. These two guys know what thier doing and just having meet them through this format I belive they both are really standup guys. Its been a good year and I've really enjoyed every ones stories and adventures. Just when I thought about hanging it up for the year I would log in and read about somebody's hunt and it would fire me up again like it was opening day. I know my wife and boss will be throughly estatic when the season is over. Thanks to everyone and especially to those guys who run the challenge and give up a lot of time to run this. Thanks to the sponsors for the great prizes and I thank GOD for all the great outdoors he provides for us to enjoy. With a little over a week to go Maybe I'll have one more post about a big one I've tried so hard to kill.

LEGHORN

I appreciate the kind words OldManWinter and you're right, if Turkeyed has killed what he says he has....then there is no way any team will surpass us. #1 out of 90something teams competing not only in Georgia, but nationally, is pretty awesome! But I believe I did predict this outcome well before the season began. :banana::fine::fine::cool:

gobble157

I think shortstop just killed the largest bird this year. That darn thing is a SLAMMER!

Dupree

congrats. My team will be sitting on 107.125 for a final score.

LEGHORN

I think shortstop just killed the largest bird this year. That darn thing is a SLAMMER!

Wrong....If Turkeyed's entry holds up. And if it does, the game is in the bag. And as for counting our chickens... we're not counting chickens, team #26 is counting turkeys and if I count correctly, we'll be sitting with over 120 points for 5 birds entered...Party over :yawn:

gobble157

Wrong....If Turkeyed's entry holds up. And if it does, the game is in the bag. And as for counting our chickens... we're not counting chickens, team #26 is counting turkeys and if I count correctly, we'll be sitting with over 120 points for 5 birds entered...Party over :yawn:

We'll just have to wait and see about that good buddy :bounce:

OldManWinter

turkeyed said this bird will score well over 27 points. 1 7/8 spurs 11.5 inch beard and 24 pounds. I hope it holds up. Wasnt trying to stir up anything just wanted to express my gratitude to both my teammates and everyone involved with the challange. Its been a memorable turkey season for me, one I will not forget soon, win or lose>

gobble157

Yeah, that's a dandy longbeard. Don't come across many of those in your lifetime. Good luck to yall.

blong

Glad you are so modest. You have had a great year no doubt, but bragging is very classy.

fountain

don't think so. we have 6 to enter and they will drop one and we will score the 5 highest. look at teaam 81--they dont have a bird that will go under 20--5 of em'! they will be on up there.

turkey08

I was sitting with turkeyed yesterday when he layed the smack down on this giant. Oldmanwinter has the measurements a little wrong but here are the real measurements. Spurs were 1 5/8, beard 11 1/4, and was 24lbs.

rex upshaw

I was sitting with turkeyed yesterday when he layed the smack down on this giant. Oldmanwinter has the measurements a little wrong but here are the real measurements. Spurs were 1 5/8, beard 11 1/4, and was 24lbs.

can't wait to see the pics of that stud.

turkeyed

bird

OldMAnWinter its been a pleasure to speak with you on this forum. You and Leghorn were both great partners in this contest. I enjoyed this season more han any other. I enjoy reading everyones stories and whats going on around this state and others. My wife will happy when this is over so that she can have some time on the computer again. I had a great time this season and hope everyone else did as well. Thanks Leghorn and OldManWinter for making his season more enjoyable. Her are pics of the bird that was spoke of above.

Attachments

• turkeys 002.jpg
    turkeys 002.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 195
  • turkeys 017.jpg
    turkeys 017.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 181
  • turkeys 018.jpg
    turkeys 018.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 185
  • turkeys 009.jpg
    turkeys 009.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 185
  • turkeys 011.jpg
    turkeys 011.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 184

blong

Congratulations, that bird is what dreams are made of. I can see you are very happy in the pic, thanks for not trying to be billy bad rump and frowning. I believe that yall have the contest wrapped up. Again, congrats to all on team #26 on an awesome spring and God bless.

LEGHORN

don't think so. we have 6 to enter and they will drop one and we will score the 5 highest. look at teaam 81--they dont have a bird that will go under 20--5 of em'! they will be on up there.

:huh: Yea and 5 20s is only 100. Their average currently is 21.4 per bird. If Turkeyed's entry is approved, our lowest bird will drop out and our 5 bird score will be 120.125 - an average of 24.025 per bird :hair:

Latest posts