Running dogs

Jparks

Who all have been out chasing rabbits and getting ready for the season? I haven't been rabbit hunting in several years now but hoping to find someone to hunt with as soon as the deer hunters clear out of the woods. Our deer lease is covered up with rabbits and I hope to find one or two guys who are willing to bring their dogs to hunt it. I know its still way early before we could hunt but figured I would start looking now. Really its all I have on my mind while I sit in the deer stand hunting, just imagining the sound of hounds running on a cold winter day.

Hillbilly stalker

It's a little early,but I'd imagine you won't have any trouble finding someone with a pack. Habitat for rabbits had been on a steady decline for years. Getting real hard to find a place. You should be able to hear a chase every weekend. Good luck.

Jparks

It's a little early,but I'd imagine you won't have any trouble finding someone with a pack. Habitat for rabbits had been on a steady decline for years. Getting real hard to find a place. You should be able to hear a chase every weekend. Good luck.

Yes sir the loss of habitat is the reason why I stopped hunting. My cousin and I had a property that we leased for 20 years that always had a section cut every few years. It was a real gold mine for a rabbit hunter. Long story short we lost the lease due to the deer club not being able to raise enough members. I was trying to start my own pack of young dogs at the time and really struggled to find somewhere to run them. They ended up running some trash that I couldn't break and I got frustrated with things. I learned a lot of lessons the hard way. I really miss rabbit hunting though and want to get back into it. Especially now knowing that in a few more years I will hopefully have a couple of little hunting buddies (my twin boys) tagging along when they are old enough.

We and my 14 yr old have been getting to running our hounds getting them ready for some hard running days to come rabbit hunting has been cut short with deer season longer. Its two hours from me if you got lots of rabbit we will make the drive i have 6 hounds my running buddy has app 12 hounds if you think we might need two packs. Give me a reply if interested

Elmerfudd4

JParks - I would be happy to meet up with you. I am about 40 minutes or so away from that area. I will PM you my number.

Thanks,
Garrett

TurkeyJay

If any of y’all with dogs would like to come up to rockmart I have 300 acres full of rabbits and briars. It was clear cut about 6 years ago. And hasn’t been rabbit hunted since .PM me and let’s set up a date.