Rut where you are

outdoorman

New Hunter here....I'm hunting north Twiggs County where I saw a buck yesterday just cruising at the flat above a ridge. It was about 11:30 am and I was just putting up a hang-on stand. It's been a learning curve the past few years for me as no one I know hunts so learning on my own (spend all year, most days watching Youtube hunting videos).

The DNR Rut map says I just missed the rut week for my area but will you here tell me if I still have the rest of the month for a chance to get my 1st deer? I have the upcoming days off Fri-Mon and then again over the Thanksgiving day extended weekend and plan to spend as much time in the woods. Thanks.

BowSniper

Can't say it is full blown rut in Wilkes county yet but it's close. Bucks are on their feet and cruising, bumping does to see who is accepting of their company. Did have a monster buck chasing a doe Saturday morning and had a spike and a 7 point pushing does for a couple of weeks now. It's time to be out in the woods either way though.

BowSniper

ghadarits

It must be really close I noticed two nice bucks hit on Peachtree Industrial south of the split with 141 yesterday and today.

Kev

It’s November, so yes it’s the breeding season. I see the most cruising in the mornings as a cold fronts coming through or within a few days after it passes. In the mornings, I hunt travel corridors and pinch points. Remember that a mature buck will show up in places he wouldn’t any other time of year.
I’ve been hunting major food sources in the evening because once a doe group comes out, you can bet that a buck will be close by. This time or year, it’s not as much about planning tactics, it’s more about being there and he’ll eventually show up.

And yes rut activity has been good in my area.

Ace1313

We are still 7-10 days before bucks start cruising. I am just now starting to get pictures of bucks not with each other. Scrapes are starting to pop up as well.

Mitchell County

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Around Christmas time down in the far Southwest corner of Georgia.

Had 3 different bucks come in cruising Friday evening. The Bucks are ready, but the does aren`t quite there yet on our place in Southern Oglethorpe. 5 miles away they said it`s on wide open.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Saw bucks harassing does at work this weekend. This was in Houston by Oaky Woods

Blackston

We are still 7-10 days before bucks start cruising. I am just now starting to get pictures of bucks not with each other. Scrapes are starting to pop up as well.

Mitchell County
I always get ready before they are !!!

44magpastor

Zero evidence of a rut that I can see in SW Washington County.

No chasing
No following
Bucks and does have been completely separate.

Yesterday I had a spike come in alone.
Later 4 does came through.

Neither seemed to have a care in the world.